We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of five, but one child is only three

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Family of five, but one child is only three

I'm looking to book a trip to Disney World over spring break 2015. My kids will be 12, 8, and 3. My youngest will have just turned 3 then, and still sleeps in a crib. I know most of the rooms on the disney resort can accomodate 2 adults, 2kids, and a crib for under three. I am wondering if I csn do that instead of trying to find a room for five. There just seems to be a lot more choices for a family of four.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

Spring break is SEVERAL months from now and 3 yo will be almost 4. Fire code regulations will not allow you to have that size family in a room designated for 4.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

If you do a search for rooms on the website you can list how many people (adults plus kids and their ages) you need to accommodate. A quick search showed me that many Disney standard resort rooms are described as having "room for 5 adults." Sounds like that could work(?)

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

You need a room listed for 5

All Star Music Suites ( sleeps 6)

Art of Animation Suites ( sleeps 6)

Port Orleans Riverside standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Polynesian standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Beach Club standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Contemporary standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Grand Floridian standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Yacht Club standard room ( sleeps 5)

The Wilderness Lodge junior suite (sleeps 6)

Plus lots of Villa options, book direct or rent points from a DVC owner, more info if interested

As long as you aren't going the Week before or after Easter, there should be Room Discounts, need to wait a while for those to be released

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

You misunderstood. The baby is two now and will have just turned three by spring break.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 04:33
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,504 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

You can't book a room for 4 because the child will be 3. Partypa has given you the choices for 5 people :)

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

What would your exact check in date be ? What date exactly will the baby turn 3 ?

7. Re: Family of five, but one child is only three

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 06:15