We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

I am visiting Animal Kingdom on Sunday 12th October, our party is 5 adults and my Daughter who will nearly be 3.

We have just managed to book a dining reservation at Rainforrest Cafe for 6PM after finding it booked on previous attempts.

This alters my plans to arrive early at the park as my Daughter won't be able to cope with a 10 hour day. We would have arrived at around 9:30 and left around 3.

Originally my intention was to Fastpass Kilimanjaro Safari, Finding Nemo the musical and Wildlife express train.

Other attractions we want to visit are Pangani Forrest Exploration Trail, meet Baloo & Louie, Habitst Habit, Jungle Trek, meet Goofy & Pluto, Festival of the Lion King and greeting trails. If we misse anything else we wouldn't be worried.

Would people recommend altering our Fastpass selections if we plan on arriving at the park around 12:30ish?

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

I don't believe that the train is a Fast Pass option. Even if something has changed and the train has FP, skip that and book 'Lion King' Fast Pass. LK has just re-opened and will be very busy. The train runs continuously and will be easy enough to ride.

Happy planning!

Edited: 23 July 2014, 14:22
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

Did you try contacting Rainforest Cafe directly? There seems to be more availability if you contact them directly over using the Disney dining reservations. There might be earlier times if you want to go back to your original plan.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

You won't need a Fastpass for the train, even if they offered one. You may want to see about a FP+ for Mickey and Minnie in their safari gear. I've never had an issue getting into Nemo, but we have always got there early and enjoyed the air conditioning.

I'd pick the Safari, Lion King and Mickey and Minnie meet and greet.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 15:01
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

Travelfan thank you for making me aware they didn't offer FP for Wildlife Express Train, I assumed they would. Isn't it the only way of accessing Rafiki's Planet Watch? I can't see any other access on the park map.

Most people say not to FP shows, according to the research I have managed to do shows are easily accessible since a queue isn't building up throughout the day. I've only chosen to FP Nemo because unlike Lion King my Daughter watches Nemo a fair bit. She even has two of those Robofish that she named Nemo and Dory.

Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

Anonymous, I hadn't tried contacting them directly. I didn't realise that was possible, do you know if they send official confirmation? Thanks for your suggestion

Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

Frank D, do you think the Lion King show is better than the Nemo one and may I ask why?

Is Greeting Trails the only place to meet Mickey and Minnie? I will definitely be replacing my FP selection for Wildlife Express Train with that since it isn't available to FP.

I'm thinking, FP Greeting Trails for arrival time, then upon leaving there check the next show time for Lion King and possibly seeing that before making our way to Africa for FP Kilimanjaro Safari, then moving on Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia before finishing in Dinoland with a FP for Nemo the musical ready to leave there and make our way to Rainforrest Cafe.

Do you know if I can FP Greeting Trails for say around 12:15-1:15, but if I can't arrive (planned) until 12:45, will my FP have been taken away since I wasn't within the park when the time slot started?

We will be entering when a lot of people are stopped to eat lunch so I hope that makes a difference to stand by queues. Apologies for the essay!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,542 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

You should see both shows. They are both fabulous!

Fast Pass return time is 1 hour. A 12:00PM Fast Pass will expire at 1:00PM. You just need to arrive at the attraction by 1:00PM. (except shows, where you must be there at least 10 minutes before show time)

Yes, the greeting trails are the only place to meet Mickey & Minnie in AK.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,314 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

I prefer the Lion King show much better than the Finding Nemo show myself.

Just my opinion, but I found the Nemo show somewhat lame, while the Lion King show was exhilarating to me. I've seen the Nemo show just the one time and won't go back, but can't miss Lion King on any visit.

Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

I will time our FP for Greeting Trails and Kilimanjaro Safari around visiting Lion King but won't use a FP on it as I'm not sure my Daughter would like to miss Nemo.

Thank you all for the suggestions. You've really helped me to decide.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,515 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Animal Kingdom Fastpass selections

I actually prefer Nemo to Lion King...lol If you're daughter likes Nemo, don't miss it. Normally the only things we've used fast passes on in AK is Everest and Kali River Rapids, never had a long wait for anything else, this may have changed with the new fast pass + (things you never needed a fast pass before now have long lines).

As for Rainforest Cafe, you call them directly, they do not send you any confirmation.