We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you...

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Would you...

Would you stay at a Calypso Cay Vacation Villa (part of the timeshare group through Interval) if it were free? My family of four can get a 2 BR villa at Calypso Cay over spring break, since one of our family members has an interval timeshare. I've heard horrible things about this resort (in reviews), but wondering if it is that bad in the timeshare section? I'd rather pay for something if it's really bad.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you...

If you have to do a time share tour then I wouldn't do it. It just isn't worth the hassle in my opinion.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you...

We wouldn't have to do a timeshare presentation.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you...

I looked at some of the reviews and it seems to be a mixed bag. Some loved it, some hated it. I would never pay to stay there, but being that it would be free I would have to consider if it were worth the chance being free or forking out the money to stay somewhere nicer. If I did not have my heart set on a different resort then I think that I would give it a try. If it is coming out of your parent's pockets then you might have to tell them that you would rather put the money towards a nicer resort.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you...

I would go and try it out but have a back-up planned for if you hate it and can't bear to stay, there's so much accommodation to be had you'll definitely find somewhere else to go if you need to!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you...

id stay for free to me its just a place to put your head down really as soon as i wake im up and out :)

6. Re: Would you...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 05:16