We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Fl.
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

My husband and I will be coming with our 7 yr old grandson next week. We tried to get into the Island Grand but there were no openings. We ended up getting the "tanked" package at the Guy Harvey . I have read some negative reviews regarding the water slide. The unlimited water slide, surf ride, paddle boats, mini-golf sounded great for our grandson. I hope that I am not disappointed due to long, long lines and/or the water slide not being set up all day long.

Any suggestions, or observations from anyone who has gone recently, would be much appreciated! Thankyou!!!!

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

I'm sure Guy Harvey resort is in St. petes beach area.

You have posted on the Orlando forum :-)

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

We stayed at the Grand last October and the end of June this year. I say that it will make a difference on when you stay. October was perfect when we went, but our stay in June makes me not ever want to go back during the summer. The boys love the water slide on the beach, but wouldn't get on it because the line was way too long. Last October we couldn't get them off of it. The pools were a little crowded. The boys didn't go on the paddle boats this time, they didn't enjoy it last time and they never asked to do the mini golf. It is nothing special. The guy Harvey resort is right next to the Grand so you would not have a long walk. We went over there for dinner at Rum Fish one night.

When are you planning on visiting?

by the way, it took us just under 2 hours to get there from Orlando.

Melbourne, Fl.
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

oops, I sure did!!! Sorry!

Windsor
Level Contributor
179 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

We was at the island grand last Tuesday to Friday, when you arrive you get a wrist band which allows you access to both hotels. The que for the slide was long, didn't personally que, but seemed to move quick, and it was definately a lot shorter than the rides at the theme parks!

Enjoy it, love the beach there, and make sure you have a walk up to Crabby Bills for dinner, amazing food.

5. Re: Tradewinds Guy Harvey Outpost

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:15