We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO) Car Rental Tips and Tricks

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO) Car Rental Tips and Tricks

I researched for this rental and completed my trip this week. I thought I should share my experience before my memories fade out.

I found Budget Car Rental was convenient for several reasons - price, 24-hour open counter inside the terminal without any shuttle.

What I didn't like - long queue at the counter. I landed at around 11:30 pm. It took about an hour to get my luggage. Then I went to Budget Car Rental counter and asked for my booked car. The long queue took more than 45 minutes. We arrived at the hotel at around 2:00 am.

GPS direction to return location was not right. Do not trust GPS near the airport. Follow the directions only. Directions are pretty good. They change it like the way we change our chair and table. So be careful. I missed a direction and had to drive 10 more kilometers with so much of stress in the very early morning. My flight was at 7:55 am. It was very uncomfortable when I missed the direction to car rental returns.

Final car return time was not bad at all. It was very quick.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,879 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO) Car Rental Tips and Tricks

Tip #1: Always join and use the loyalty program to avoid those long queues at the counter.

Tip #2: Use all applicable discounts & coupons. Start here http://www.autoslash.com/ and http://www.carrentalsavers.com/

Tip #3: If you find a good refundable rate, take it and keep looking. Repeat as often as necessary.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO) Car Rental Tips and Tricks

Tip #1 is a must-we always go right to the garage at MCO,the loyalty programs cost nothing to join so there is no reason to be standing in line. And Hotwire/Priceline have the best car rental prices;we usually pay around $12-$15 a day for our car.Don't prebuy gas,it is unlikely that you will be able to return the car totally empty and you don't get credit for any gas left in the tank

3. Re: Orlando Int'l Airport (MCO) Car Rental Tips and Tricks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16