We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jedi Training Academy

Hampton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jedi Training Academy

Question: we would like to do the Jedi Training Academy in the Disney Studio:

We have heard that you need to register first thing in the morning, then they give you an allocating time.

First where in the park is the registration office for it ?

second, is it a very popular attraction ?

Any help on that one , Thank a lot

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jedi Training Academy

This page should hopefully answer all your questions.

kennythepirate.com/2014/…

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jedi Training Academy

We haven't done it yet but intend to sign my wee boy up this year.

I believe you register at the ABC sound studio. You have to take your child with you when doing it.

We have an 8:15 ADR in Hollywood &Vine on our 1st morning in Hollywood Studios so plan for one of us to run round with our son as soon as feasably possible whether this be during or after breakfast and get him signed up.

Good luck x

Edited: 24 July 2014, 22:17
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jedi Training Academy

You really do have to sprint there the very moment that the rope drops. And you need to be at the Studios quite early as the rope drop is a bit different than at the Magic Kingdom as you're allowed in to the Main Street area and they do the rope drop about halfway up the street.

Position yourself at the top left of the street and run as fast as you can. You also need to have your kid(s) with you. I don't think you're allowed to register them if they're not there.

We did it last year and my wife ran pretty quickly whilist I ran off to get fastpasses for Toy Story (when they used to have normal paper fastpasses), she joined the queue to register and she still didn't get a slot for the show until 3.00 in the afternoon.

This was in late October/early November when it's supposedly 'quiet'. When we walked past later in the day at something like 10.30 there was a sign up saying that all slots for the day had gone; there were still some parents there arguing with the Cast-Member that they had promised their kid that they would be fighting Darth Vadar!

Having said all that, it was great fun and a real highlight for my then 7 year old. They've also changed it a bit (I guess due to the popularity) so they now have about 20 kids up on the stage fighting Darth Vadar and then about 20 kids down on the floor area fighting Darth Maul. No idea if you can ask for one or the other.

I would imagine this will be something that they start to build into the enhanced Fast Pass system...would be good if they somehow automated it to stop the mad rush. This info is from October of last year.

4. Re: Jedi Training Academy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15