We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

Hi guys

I'm considering getting the Eat and Play card when I order tickets for our trip next year. There's just 2 of us going so I guess it won't give the maximum benefit of up to 4 people, and I'm not really interested in the 'play' part of it (why would I want to pay extra for something like the Titanic experience when I have unlimited theme park tickets...?) but there seems to be some good restaurants on there.

My question is, are the discounts available all ones that I can easily find coupons for free for once I'm there? The main discounts that the card offers which I'm interested in are:

Hash House a Go Go- 20% off

Margaritaville- 15% off

TGI Fridays 15% off

Although there are also others on there which we may use such as Dennys and Pizza Hut. So will I be able to easily find coupons for those places with that kind of level of discount anyway? If so, wheres the best place (On I Drive, we won't have a car) to get coupons from? Will they have them in the Visit Orlando tourist office?

Thanks!

Billinge, England...
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

Looking at Orlando Ticket Deals they are giving it free for this years tickets, so may be worth ringing up whoever you book tickets via and ask can they include for free.

Not sure how good it is as I have never been.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

I just got mine free from Orlando ticket deals there is 6 of us but hopefully we will be able to get the benefits from it .

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

When you say this years tickets- meaning 2014 ones? As I'm going to be buying 2015 tickets. I'll have a look though thanks- maybe I'll be able to get it for free!

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

hi, we have bought one for the last couple of years and have resold it on eBay At a few quite under what we payed . (never have been asked to sign the back of card ,always left it blank)

always use to get all the coupons but this card is just so much easier , we saved loads.

as for the play bit , sometimes you just want a break from all the big parks and you just want something to do for just a couple of hours . like gator land , or an airboat ride (fab).

if you can get it free all the better.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

I used one last September, there was just 2 of us. We got the £10 back we paid for it within 2 uses.

Going again next April and I'll be buying another one.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

Thanks guys it sounds like it's worth it! I don't mind collecting coupons though so that's really why I was wondering if all the discounts are out there as coupons anyway :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
228 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

We had one last year and like you say we saw lots of vouchers for cheaper restaurants but not places like TGI's. Although when we did use it in there it took 3 staff members to work out what it was and how to make the reduction. The free international phone minutes never worked on it but it was still worth it.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

It does put me off a bit worrying that exactley what you described will happen, seaview! I'm the type that if there is any confusion and they aren't sure about the card I will just be like 'ok never mind!' rather than make any fuss. If you didn't see any coupons for TGIs etc then I think it is worth while though- definatley want to go there as my partner used to go to TGIs in Taiwan and has fond childhood memories, and the UK branches are always rubbish! So I really want to take him to a good TGIs in Orlando which is more like what he remembers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

The whole point of us buying the eat&paly card was not having to worry about finding the right coupon and if it might expire before we wanted to use it. The eat&play was well worth the price and you will earn your money back just on breakfast alone.

wisbech,cambridgeshi...
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eat and Play Card vs Coupons?

I got mine free when i ordered my park tickets from Orlandoattractions.com and they were the cheapest deal by far on internet .