We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost vs space??

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cost vs space??

I need some input please..

So we are still deciding between a hotel or Villa?

Right now there is a sale at Rosen Inn International ( 7600 International Drive) I can get the 11 days for $696.30 US funds.That works out to $63 a day . I know I can not get a villa for that cost. So in your opinion , What would you do, book at this deal or pay more for a Villa?We are going Feb 3-14 2015.

Thanks

pa
Level Contributor
54,311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost vs space??

That's a great price, hard to pass it up

Will you be spending lots of time at the Parks ? Or hanging out away from the Parks ? If I am staying somewhere for only 10 days, a Hotel is fine, it's really just a place to sleep and clean up, we like to be out and about having fun, no need for a big space/Villa

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,802 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost vs space??

And how many are in your group .... any kids?

Ireland
Level Contributor
118 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost vs space??

That's a great price.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost vs space??

I agree that it is a great price, but how many people will there be? (More than 2 might be too many for 11 days.)

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost vs space??

Not sure if you can use it but Travel Republic (a UK site) seems cheaper for your dates, although this may be 'cos I've used the wrong conversion rate. ;-)

The RII is a good budget hotel I've stayed there every year since '07, can't say I'd want to stay anywhere else. Mostly 2 double beds per room if you can cope with that.

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost vs space??

HI, its 2 adults and 2 kids. well at the time they will be 12 and 13 so 1 room with 2 double beds. We plan on trying to do as much as we can, its our first family holiday. ( All depends on my budget). I usually just think its just a place to sleep and relax. .Also not sure if I can use the UK site, Im Canadian.Still undecided about booking a car, but that's not in the equation though to decide where we stay. Thanks.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,682 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost vs space??

With 4 people being in the same hotel room for 11 days, that could be very cramped. Others may have differing opinions.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost vs space??

11 days is not a long time (trust me, it will fly past) so it depends what you plan to do. If you will be out all day and only plan to use the room to rest, sleep and change in then you'd be just as well with the hotel. Also, it depends on if you plan to have a car, does the hotel charge for parking and how far is the villa?

Without knowing your main plans, it's hard to give advice. However, that hotel price is VERY good and I would not pass it up too lightly.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost vs space??

For me a 12 and 13 year old sharing a bed would not have happened with my kids, they would barely deal with sitting on the back seat of a car. However you know what works for you. I would want a pull out bed.

Price is great, comes down to what do you need the room for. If it is just wash up and sleep it will work, personally I would want the space especially with teenagers

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,956 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost vs space??

I would always opt for a villa - nothing beats your own space (and pool) and peace and quiet, no one in the room next door or overhead or walking past your room at all hours

I wouldn't consider a hotel room for anything longer than a week - as you can probably tell lol