We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What sport in September

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What sport in September

Hi all,

Forgive me for my ignorance, but if I wanted to book some sports tickets for something in September, what sports do I have a choice from i.e. NFL, Basketball etc. We are travelling 29th August 2015. I don't know what sports will be in season at that time.

My OH is a big sports fan so I would love to arrange something for his birthday next year, but I can't ask him what sports are on when we visit as he will work out what I am planning!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zoe x

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What sport in September

NFL starts 4th September. On the 7th you have Panthers at the Buccaneers in Tampa.

NBA starts in October sadly.

Baseball however is already under way, so you could try get Rays tickets and they have a few games to pick from throughout the month, and against some big teams too. Red sox on 1st and Yankees on 15, 16 and 17th but also have Blue Jays and white sox.

Theres plenty of sports to go and see. With that said, remember that baseball, if it rains, there will be a rain delay and if it continues to rain the game can be postponed. So if you plan to do this, don't do it on your last day, just encase something like that happens.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,875 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What sport in September

Those sports are not the only options. You also have college football in Orlando. UCF (University of Central Florida) had an outstanding team last year. Time will only tell what they will be like next year, but they should still be good. This is the 2014 schedule …go.com/college-football/…ucf-knights

It is entirely likely that there will be a home game or two during September 2015.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What sport in September

Thanks guys, I think NFL and college football would be big winners with the OH - shame about NBA as when we were there in October 2012 we were going to go to a game however we had other arrangements already pre-booked on the same day so we couldn't do it.

I will take a look at the links, thank you for your help!

Zoe x

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
260 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What sport in September

Tampa Rays, tampa Bay Buccaneers are the two main ones. NHL won't start preseason for another month and I know nothing about NBa. Bucs games are fun to attend.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,398 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What sport in September

University of Central Florida football would be my pick, but oddly they only have two games in Sept and only one at home on Sept. 20 at 6PM.

The Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Club actually has a great schedule in September, they host the NY Yankees, Chicago White Sox and the Baltimore Orioles.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,942 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What sport in September

OP is talking about traveling in 2015 -- the schedules won't be announced for several months yet.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What sport in September

I never seen 2015, I thought 2014 however it still stands that the seasons kick off then although not those exact dates

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What sport in September

Just an FYI, regarding the first response from mclarenf1 - no chance of a rainout or rain delay when attending a Tampa Bay Rays game, as they play inside in a dome.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What sport in September

Maya - Thank you for correcting me. I am used to Yankee Stadium, never been to a game in Tampa and completely forgot it's under a roof. Although, if the roof had a leak... :p haha

10. Re: What sport in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16