We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,778 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Why does Universal insist that almost every attraction they have get you wet to a certain degree at some point?

So, for those who've been lucky to ride it already, just how wet do you get on the Gringott's ride?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

I haven't heard anything about getting wet on this at all? Where did hear that Kat? I'm more concerned with the drop at the beginning...lol

Same reason Disney does I guess and not to mention fire, which I find more annoying than water :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Princess. What drop are you talking about?

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

I have read a few reviews for the ride and according to them, there is a 70-80 foot drop at the beginning of the attraction.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

I heard it was a 40 foot drop? Where did you hear that Forida_Wizz?????

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Colina I heard there's a drop at the beginning of the ride :(

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Its in the third paragraph down from the picture of the ride vehicle in this article.

www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201402/3868/

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,720 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

thanks FW, don't like the sound of that. unless it's a virtual drop? it's really not clear..

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

I've read that there is a drop at the beginning of the ride, but nothing to intense. My guess is that it is something on the lines of the dark drop in the middle of Splash Mountain. I've also read that the ride is designed to be relatively mild. I'm a wimp and am not worried.

belfast
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

There is no water involved in this ride at the start yes it puts u into a slight drop/ hold but nothing major! Don't spoil it by reading or watching what the ride is like just go and enjoy it!!!

belfast
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Escape From Gringott's Ride; Just How Wet Do You Get?

Funny we are just back and both commented on how we weren't asked for id once using our credit card. Also the signature was never compared to

A friend is just back from orlando as well and her bank froze her cc out in orlando and contacted her has someone and copied her card spending $1000 in publix and then went into Dunkin donuts and spent a fortune!!

I think chip and pin is def safer.

Also for the person who said if fraud is done on your card with the thieves using your pin the banks are difficult- that's not my expereince. I had no problem what so ever as the activity was totally out of my character ie. using atm machine to lift small amounts which I rarely do. The police had actually Alerted the bank as well as they found my details.

Edited: 26 July 2014, 02:16