We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A different type of day.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A different type of day.

Today for a change we went to Winter Park to the farmers market,Had a nice stroll around picked up some fruit and a couple of raspberry lemonades.Then we went to the antique mall and spent an hour or so browsing around. Had lunch at 4 Rivers, a must and well worth the drive from Orlando! We then checked out the shops in winter park and spent a fortune on toys for our dogs( did the same last year and said never again) despite my fer of water I decided I would brave the boat ride around the lakes, it was really good with lots of stunning house to see and lots of historical information for the driver. While we were in the middle of the second lake it started to thunder so we were told to go back to the boat dock straight away, it started to pour with rain so the passengers had to hold a tarp over our heads in the driving rain while the boat sped back to the dock, it was hysterical we got soaked but it was really funny!! If you want to do something different on a Saturday I would highly recommend a trip tomWinter Park.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A different type of day.

So glad you enjoyed your day despite the rain. I usually recommend the farmer's market in Winter Park for a day trip. My mom always wants to go when she visits. Enjoy the rest of your trip. :)

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A different type of day.

It sounds like you had an amazing day! At least you done something outside of the disney bubble too which is great! (I don't know if you normally do or don't but I know so many stick within it)

I bet you dried off within 20 minutes of the sun being out... One of the things I love and miss about Orlando, the crazy weather lol

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A different type of day.

We have been going to Winter Park mainly on a Saturday for the Farmer's Market for years. Makes a nice change from the theme parks.

Haven't done the boat trip for a long while, might give it another go in Nov. Hopefully we won't get the heavy rain !

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A different type of day.

That sounds a great day out I think we will try there this year Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A different type of day.

Glad you had a great day. That's exactly the sort of thing we want to do when we come in September. Is there any place in particular you think we should park or is it obvious once we get there?

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A different type of day.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day in Winter Park. The scenic boat tour is brilliant. We always enjoy doing that. The driver really does know his stuff.

CakeMum, we usually park right near the Scenic Boat Tour location. There are usually plenty of spaces there and all the main shops and restaurants are only a short walk away. I will leave the address below.

312 E Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789, United States

Edited: 27 July 2014, 14:06
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: A different type of day.

My husband's idea for a different type of day was to wander around Circuit City looking at all things electrical!!!!!!!!! I went and had my nails done by a very weird Asian guy, I will stick to the Florida Mall next time. My husband also likes the fishing shops!! Give me Magic Kingdom any day.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: A different type of day.

Oh and my husband has to go in EVERY sunglass shop looking for the same pair of glasses every shop!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A different type of day.

Sounds like a great place to go we will try it thanks for your review.

canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A different type of day.

Sounds like a great day