We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

BLACKBURN
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

What takeaway/Delivery food can you recommend for a night in the villa and Why?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

I have a rule, in orlando, I stay away from chinese!

Take out pizza for me. Uno do great pizzas, and if you phone the order through in advance, you can turn up, pick up and get back to accom quickly. Sides are nice too. Plenty of other places but I 99% of the time eat out so don't do take out

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

Hi we use Chilis to go, pretty much the full menu available, they even give you knives and forks. Useful with a 3 yr old that wont sit still. Don't know if there is one near you, but am sure other chain restaurants would do the same.

Mentioned in this post
Chili's Bar & Grill
Chili's Bar & Grill
1,357 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,761 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

It depends on where I/we are staying. When I am near the convention center, I like Maggiano's Little Italy for take out because the food is good and they do take out well.

If we are onsite at Disney (and have a car) we usually do take out from Whole Foods or Publix (if we don't feel like driving all the way to WF) and go to the deli because everyone can get what they want in a variety of foods and we can get beer/wine to go as well.

Mentioned in this post
Maggiano's Little Italy
Maggiano's Little Italy
3,583 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

When I stayed practically on I Drive last year I was adamant I was going to give TGI Fridays take away and delivery service a try.

It sounds like a good idea to order something even after going out for dinner but when it came to it I actually ate less than I would at home and didn't fancy extra just because it was there.

So I'm still hoping to do it this year but I

will probably struggle to find one that deliver to our villa, although this year I can buy frozen TGI products from Walmart and cook them myself.

I do love that place!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

We enjoy the made up salads at WalMart, add something from the deli counter, for a nice meal.

BLACKBURN
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

Thanks for your replies, we are planning on eating out most nights but I think on a couple of nights we will just be too tired to go out, plus I quite like the idea of a few drinks around the pool at the villa lol

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

We went to Panda Express a few times i really liked it! i have read many people slate the place saying it is like McDonalds which yes it is but after a long day at the parks, sometimes there is nothing better than getting a quick easy meal picked up and back to your hotel/villa ready to be full of beans the next day.

Mentioned in this post
Panda Express
Panda Express
428 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

We've never really had much success with delivery food, particularly pizza. Having said that. if it's for the "Beer munchies", you probably won't care that much, lol!

We usually found the deli section at publix had some great munchie food, like their crispy chicken tenders. They had some very yummy chicken and beef kebabs the last time we were there. Even their pizzas are pretty good, as is their premium ice cream.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
22,842 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

We go to Publix and get the rotisserie chicken with a couple of sides. Much better than pizza or chinese

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,053 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Takeaway Food For a Chillout Day and Why?

Cooked garlic or lemon chicken with various side salads, key lime pie and a few glasses of cold Pinot Grigot from Publix by the pool - perfect - better than a crummy pizza any day

We do this at least twice a week in a villa I can't be a****d eating out every day it drives me potty