We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Late August

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather Late August

Hello All,

My family and I will be traveling to Orlando from August 22nd till August 30th. I know the weather is very hot and humid but how is the weather in the evening? Will we be fine in tank tops/t-shirts or should we change into long sleeve shirt or should we also take a light to medium jacket? We plan to stay in the parks till close (9pm-11pm)

Thank you.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Late August

When I have been during that period before I have always just worn shorts and a t-shirt, even in the evenings. I always make sure I have a rain jacket and a light jumper in the car though, just in case.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Late August

August is hot and humid too so you will not want to wear trousers, although maybe light chinos but I doubt it.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,683 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Late August

"Will we be fine in tank tops/t-shirts or should we change into long sleeve shirt or should we also take a light to medium jacket? "

You will be fine in t-shirts & shorts in the evenings. Average low temperatures should be approximately 74º-76º during this time.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather Late August

Still as hot at night as in the day, you just don't have the sun beating down on you :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather Late August

Yes, the high humidity allows for very little "cooling off" after the sun sets in the evening, so at worst, you go from 90's in the day hours to lower 80's or upper 70's at night and very muggy at that.

I've never needed any sleeves or pants of any time on visits in September, so the same would be true for August.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather Late August

We always carry a light sweater because the bars, restaurants,buses and stores are freezing-if you are outside,it does not cool off much but if you plan to stop anywhere inside-bring a sweater

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
789 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather Late August

It's still hot and muggy, even at night. Being in the center of the state, we don't get the nice sea breezes like they do on the coast or many of the Caribbean Islands. If you're going from being outside for a while to inside, you might want something light to put on, in case the A/C is too cold.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,695 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather Late August

Agree with disfannyc & Rick K. You'll definitely still be sticky and sweaty late at night anytime in August, and the only time you might want anything more than tanks/tees and shorts would be indoors at a restaurant, etc., as said. August is H-O-T.

Salem, Oregon
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather Late August

Thank you all for all the advise! I will be a bit more prepared.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
376 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather Late August

it's still hot and humid in August. We found it quite useful to purchase tanks made from moisture wicking fabric to go under our tshirts during our last visit. We're always very cautious about sunburn during a full day at the park so we try not to have our skin completely exposed