We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando this Friday

Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orlando this Friday

Hi

Looking at going to Orlando this Friday - I see the forecast isn't great - does this mean it rains all the time or is it showers? Is there still opportunity for a tan :)

Any tips on accommodation seen four points any opinions on this ?

Thanks

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,494 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando this Friday

"- I see the forecast isn't great -"

What ca I say? It's typical summer weather. Summer is the rainy season. No, it rarely rains all day. You typically see a brief (30-60 minutes) but intense thunderstorm and then the sun comes out and everything dries up. Like I said, it very normal.

"Any tips on accommodation seen four points any opinions on this ?"

Are you saying that you are coming in 3 days and you don't have hotel reservations?

Edited: 30 July 2014, 00:02
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando this Friday

Yes :/ it's a last minute booking ! Universal coral beach also looks lovely for £150pp more than four points.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando this Friday

Yes it will rain. NO it won't rain all day. Yes you will tan

As Vic said, it will rain for around 1 hour every day. Thunder might be with it. When it rains, boy does it rain. Will lash down, as said though, for around 1 hour and that's it. Within 30 minutes you will wonder if it had rained as it will be totally dry!

Rain will not give MUCH warning but keep an eye on the sky.

I hope you checked the hotels to make sure they had accommodation for you! Brave to book flights with no hotel with such a short time!

Have you got your ESTA? (Not sure where you're from but if you're not from US you will need ESTA) and you need to fill your API too

Edited: 30 July 2014, 00:36
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,028 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando this Friday

They do seem to be having a bit more rain than usual (people on the Orlando facebook groups keep putting up pics/videos of the storms). So just be prepared. Get to the parks early, it usually rains in the mid to late afternoon :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,838 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando this Friday

Make sure to bring a poncho with you.

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
4,983 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando this Friday

I would be more worried about getting accommodation rather than the weather TBH.

Are you from the UK ? If so have you already got an ESTA in place ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
831 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando this Friday

Yes got my visa last night and accommodation all sorted time to pack :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,581 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando this Friday

It's the rainy season - expect rain

9. Re: Orlando this Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15