We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal unlimited drink deal

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Topic
Universal unlimited drink deal

I see on the universal website you can purchase an unlimited universal drink deal with mug for free refills at $11.99 can this be purchased at the park also?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

All you could ever need to know about this is here: orlandoinformer.com/universal/…

I kind of want to try the Coke Freestyle option for one day, it looks fun!

Brookfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
382 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

Just got back from Universal last month. My husband is a soda addict, and I drink my fare share too. There are two different soda options both available in the park .The $11.99 (unlimited refills) and a $8.99 one (pay small fee for refills). In our opinion the $8.99 was better. Here is why there are several options for these cups including a cute Minion or Transformer Head. You pay $.99 for a refill anywhere in the park or you pay more (maybe $1.99) for a refills of ICEES. These are good forever (or at least was good all four days we were there.) The $11.99 is FREE refills for ONE DAY ONLY (you have to pay $6.99 each additional day there is a computer chip in the cup to track it) and ONLY at the Coke Freestyle Machines. We had intended to get that option but after being at the park over an hour and half we never came across the Coke Freestyle machine and we were thirsty so we just got the $8.99 minion cup. If you are only going one day and you want the Coke Freestyle (it lets you mix all sorts of crazy syrup flavors in your soda (lime Coke???) it is worth it. If you just want to drink plain soda and will be there multiple days the other is worth it, as we still only filled up no more than three times day.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

Here's a bit more information on the refillable mugs: orlandoinformer.com/universal/…

The big takeaway here is that you can get free ice water throughout Universal & Disney.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

That's a really good link Sudlow, thanks. I learned a few things for October.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

That's when I'll be there. Arriving 24/10. Spending weekend in Universal, including first HHN then switching to friends house with 3 days at Disney. Can't wait.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

We leave the day before you arrive!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

Shame. You'll miss a 58 year old man acting like a 12 year old ;)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

Can't go wrong with unlimited refills, plus a collectible cup in most cases.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

The Freestyle mug works out as fairly expensive, unless you really drink a lot of soda. You'll need to drink 5 sodas per day. The break-even point for the regular mug is 5 drinks (4 refills) and gets better assuming Universal doesn't change their policy of letting you buy 99 cent refills on subsequent visits.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal unlimited drink deal

I guess the freestyle is more expensive but more fun. 5 sodas is a lot, but sharing the cup between 2 its probably a lot more worth it. If I'm in the park 9Am-9pm I could drink 3 sodas easy. So if my OH does the same we have saved money! And got to try raspberry sprite on top. I have also heard reports the machines letting people use the freestyle cups for more than one day, but this obviously sounds like a glitch which you can't count on.