We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

Stratford, CT
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

We are in the process of planning a three day trip to Disney that will include staying New Year's Eve. Trying to decide between the two resorts. It is just my husband and I. This will be our 5th trip to Disney and the first since 2005, without kids. We have previously stayed at the Beach Club and the Polynesian Resorts but those are much too pricey because of the seasonal rates.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

You can't really go wrong with either. We prefer the French Quarter purely because it is smaller and more compact. We prefer the theming at FQ too.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

And we prefer Riverside, probably because I'm a southern girl who just loves the decor and winding paths through the gardens over at that side. The large property doesn't bother us, nor does the multiple bus stops. My favorite rooms are in the Alligator Bayou buildings.

The good news is that you can use the facilities at both FQ and Riverside no matter which one you choose.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,339 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

French Quarter, small, cozy resort, great staff, great pool, one bus stop, always get a seat (sometimes the buses then go to riverside and those people either have to stand or wait for yet another bus).

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,987 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

We prefer POFQ. Beautiful grounds,recently renovated rooms,great staff and convenient to get around. Riverside has a nice pool but you are allowed to use the pools at either resort and Riverside often involves a lot of walking,not very appealing at the end of the day

5. Re: Port Orleans or Riverside Hotel New Year's in Disney?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16