We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time going to Florida

Dundee
1 post
Save Topic
First time going to Florida

Hi I'm looking for info on going to Florida looking to find out best place to rent a villa and flights . And park tickets ????

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Bradford
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time going to Florida

Hiya MJB, welcome to the forum,

If you use search box above, this will help you loads with loads of threads, break your question down though, flights, villas, tickets.

We use American attractions for our tickets, they are good & competative,

Have a look at the package deals with Thompson / virgin / etc to give you a price idea.

Hope this helps a bit.

Trill

Edited: 01 August 2014, 13:15
Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time going to Florida

123 MJB 123,

Please click on your messages above.

Thanks

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time going to Florida

Hi Mjb I think you will find very different opinions We use Attraction Tickets Direct - actual tickets and courier to your door you can book flight and car separate virgin for flights Alamo for car or do a package which includes flight and car Areas for villas we stay in Davenport near Champions Gate using a private owned villa via holiday lettings on trip adviser we have always Gone in a hotel in Lake Beuna Vista but last year tried a villa and are going back this year to the same one We researched different areas and picked Davenport 15/20 mins from theme parks Publix Walgreens Pettol station 4/5 mins away Sue

Mentioned in this post
Davenport
Davenport
Central Florida, FL
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time going to Florida

I like the DIY route too and have rented villas through homeaway.co.uk and used skyscanner to keep an eye on flight prices then booked direct with airline. I like alamo.co.uk/brits for car hire and Attraction Tickets Direct for tickets. I have never been able to get a package at a good price and I prefer to choose my own villa and days we fly. Happy planning!

Craigavon, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
371 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time going to Florida

American Attractions or Undercover Tourist are the two companies I've used for park tickets. Genuine tickets + fast delivery. As for the villa I'd be interested in this also, as we stayed in the Rosen Inn, International drive for two years running + would like a 2 bed villa/apartment/condo for next year. Liked flying with Delta and United airlines last year, not fussed on American Airlines this year. Have no experience of Virgin or others.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time going to Florida

Welcome to the forum,

Villa- vrbo; owners direct; home away. Plus research a sub division you want to stay on and then search on the owners for that sub division. Eg, emerald island has an owners own site as do many other sub divisions. Lots of thread on here on peoples preferred location.

Car hire- Alamo Brits, Avis, dollar, hertz etc. all been used. Comes down to be a bit of price comparison as to be honest the major suppliers are all there and pretty good.

Tickets as above. Compare deals and be sure you know what you want to visit before you start buying.

Sky scanner will help with flights along with kayak, etc. I would also look at package options to get a price feel. Plus also look at BA holidays with car hire and flights as combos sometimes do give excellent prices.

wales
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time going to Florida

we have used attraction tickets direct for years now....keep checking the site as they do free giveaways from time to time - when i booked my tickets we got free tickets for the comedy magic show (which includes free food and drink) and when my parents booked a few months later, they got free wet n wild tickets!

Lowestoft, Suffolk
Level Contributor
33 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time going to Florida

Best advice I can give is research and plan ahead. We have been to florida 8 times so far and just booked again for christmas....cant wait.

We always book with Virgin, find a good deal online then call up and book. Direct fights are so much better,although a bit more expensive. If you have a 1 stop flight it does break up the journey but you also have the problem of missing your connecting flight if you get held up at border security.

We have stayed at kissimee and Idrive previously, but prefer Idrive simply because you have so many shops/restaurants in walking distance. The rosen inn at pointe orlando is a good place to stay, and very reasonably priced.

We always get car hire included, if you've never been to florida before it may take a while to get used to the road system but its easy once you get used to it. We couldnt be without a sat nav over there, they are expensive to rent from the car rental places so we've just brought a 2nd hand tom tom off ebay for £36 which includes all usa maps, failing that you can always pick up a cheap one at walmart once you get there. Another option is to just use public transport once your there, lynx buses/itrolley etc, but if theres a few of you going this can get pretty expensive.

All of the parks are brilliant, I prefer Disney though as theres so much to see and do. Seaworld is also very good. Always buy tickets here before you go as they dont offer the same type in the USA so it'll cost a whole lot more. We always use Floridatix to purchase our tickets, although if you do book a package with Virgin holidays they do offer good deals too.

Another tip is to shop around, we usually find we can make a pretty good savings simply by shopping around and seeing if companies we've traveled with before (and trust) will price match. We've just done this for our xmas holiday and saved ourselves over £700.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: First time going to Florida

i'm planning a vacation for September of 2015 im looking at hotels was wondering of good hotels to look at and places outside of disney and universal studios for first time visitors.

10. Re: First time going to Florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 11:35