We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

Hi

Any ideas what the crow levels will be the third week in August? I am looking at the current wait times for rides of the wdw website, and the weight times are significant. Can I expect a significant decrease by the 3rd week in August.

Thanks.

pa
Level Contributor
53,704 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

There is Never a Quiet time at Disney but by the 3rd week of this Month there will be a noticeable decrease in the crowd levels ( many schools will be going back :)It is still best to get to the Parks early, use the Fast Pass+ system, have a basic plan and bring a smile

philadelphia
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

That's the plan! Thanks.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

We have gone in the past that week, and are going again this year. We have felt that the crowds are definitely manageable that week. Like partypa said, go early and get the most of your day this way. We always go for rope drop, take a break in the afternoon, and go back again just before dinner time. Can't wait to go.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

I was looking at wait times yesterday using the app.

Not sure how accurate it is but I was surprised at how low they were. It was roughly 11.45am Florida time.

The Mine Train was 45mins, Peter Pan 60mins and Thunder mountain 40mins.....all the rest were less than that averaging 15 mind.

I was really surprised. We normally travel in June and wait tines then are even longer!

I checked the other parks too. Soarin was 80 test track 60 others average 15 mins.

Toy story 70 rock in coaster 60 tower terror 40.

I remember safari AF animal kingdom was 19 and Everest 40.

To be honest I WS expecting much higher given the time of year!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,682 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

Most schools in the southern U.S. will be back in session by Aug. 18th, so crowds should go down slightly by that time, but it's still going to be busy.

Touring Plans crowd calendar says most days that week are crowd levels 4 and 5, which is about 1/2 capacity level and could mean 30 to 45 minute wait times for major attractions at each park. For premium attractions like Soarin, Test Track, and Toy Story, it' means over 60 minute wait times.

6. Re: Wdw crowd levels 3rd week in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17