We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Hi Everyone,

I am going to Orlando 5 weeks Monday (not that I am counting) and wanted to know peoples experiences of halloween horrows nights? is it work the $95 going too? how scary is it? do you forever que without a fast pass? I keep getting greedy and wanting to book more and more things...

Thanks !

Isabelle

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

$95? I only pay $42 by buying tickets at the local Publix. And it's definitely worth that. It's scary and fun. We have gone every year for the past 4 and we always have a good time.

Lines can be long but you can buy express passes to skip them if you want. We never buy them because we go on Sunday nights when the crowds aren't as bad and we don't mind if we only get to 5 out of 7 houses.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 16:22
Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

We went last year and have booked again this year!!

Firstly visit the website Orlando Informer and read the pages about HHN there this will help and gets updated as we get closer to the dates.

Watch some YouTube videos of past events as well.

Now to try and answer some of your questions

Yes it is worth going and yes it is scary. The parks opens at 630 but it will still be light and the full scare effect does not fully come into its own until darkness hits!!

We have bought a fast pass which you can only use once per house and managed to see each one once during the evening. We went more than once and are doing so again this year as there is so much to see and do to fit it all in.

The lines are ok when it first opens but as darkness falls they can be over an hour so the fast pass helps skip the wait

Hope that helps and anything else just ask away.

It is an amazing experience that I am sure you will return next year!

Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

I really want to go but my GF is adamant she's not going! I'm a huge Halloween and walking dead fan and see this as a once in a lifetime experience. She's scared of everything lol!! Any suggestions

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Scott if you are a Walking Dead fan then you have to go!!!!

I am also a big fan and last year it was amazing!! The Walking Dead house was just like the TV set and we ended up going through the prison and get 'attacked' by walkers. Totally felt real.

This year will likely be the last time for Walking Dead as they have had it for 3 years so time for a change! So they have made it the best house in HHN history and it takes you through season 4 to the terminus.

As for you GF will she not even consider it? She could either let you go on your own and go to the cinema at City Walk or bite her lop and grip your hand and come with you!!

Loads of people are scared and that is the fun - my wife had 2 teenage girls clinging to her round a house - no idea who they were but it is an amazing night

Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

where can you purchase fast passes from and how much were they?? Thankyou for your help !!!!

Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Lol Scott ! I am scared of the dark but my boyfriend wants to go so evaluating it right now.. What helped me is I read someone's 13 year old loved it, if a 13year old wasn't hugely scared then I have to be fine ;)

Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

I really want to put my foot down and tell her she's coming! But I guess it's her holiday too!

Could she go but not go in the houses? Or would that be a waste of money? As for her staying at city walk how long would I be in the HHN?

Level Contributor
59 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

When are you going Scot ? You can go with us and then I'll get out of some of the houses and stay with your girlfriend lol ! ;)

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Ok you can get tickets from the official Universal HHN web site or other ticket sellers that are mentioned on TA.

Well Scott the doors open at 630 and close somewhere between midnight and 2 in the morning and last year the time went fast and we were there at the start and left at closing!!!

She could come in and see how she feels about the houses and just enjoy the evening as some rides are open RRR, Mummy, MIB and transformers but there are scare zones where scare actors will be about!!

They will also be shows like The Rocky Horror Picture show and another one Ted and someone who I forget!!!!

Would be a shame to miss the best ever Walking Dead house it will take you right into the story line as if you it was really happening to you

Level Contributor
519 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Univeral Halloween Horror Nights.. HELP PLEASE !

Haha! September the 10th we arrive for 14nights

I really don't wanna miss this! I think going alone would be just as bad as not doing it :( wish she wasn't a whimp! She is saying no!! Not even entering the park!! Such a whimp!