We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Topic
Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

We just stayed at the Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and were not very impressed. Had several major and minor issues. Has anyone else had any bad experiences there??

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Not really the time to ask this question after you get back. Did you tell the hotel about the issues and how did they respond to them? More info would be nice please.

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Just looked on TA . It actually only gets a 68% rating for people rating it. Pretty low for my thoughts about a Disney resort.

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

we have been staying on property at Disney since 1996. Yes, the issues were brought to their attention and issues never resolved. I was trying to see if other guests received the same treatment or not. We have annual passes and have never had this happen at any other Disney hotel.

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Thanks for the info. I should have used this service before I booked.

texas
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

To be honest, I am shocked at the 68 % rating they got. I would not think any Disney resort would be that low. Maybe read some of the other bad reviews on there, and then when trying to get them to do something to make up for not taking care of it, you will have more leverage in saying that it is on ongoing issue. Good luck and I hope they make it right somehow. Too much money for you to have a bad experience!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,591 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

can you tell us the issues? I think it's due for a refurb, someone mentioned they will be switching to queen beds.

Sebastian, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Sure, when we checked into the room we noticed that the iron board was bent (minor issue), but we do use it when we are there. It would not stay up. When attempting to take a shower, the tub would not drain and you stood in about 4-5 inches of water. The fridge was not working correctly. We paid to have the water view and be near the food court due to my husband being disabled. We were in a standard room and we were in Barbados which is the furthest from the food court. We were told that they were booked and could not be moved. Most of the staff was friendly, but really did nothing to help. We usually stay at Pop Century and when you tell them there is a problem they fix it. Will check on here next time to before we book a hotel there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

Hi Pamela, we've stayed at CBR a few times without any issues or complaints.

I know one of the big problems for some people is the size of the tesort and time to get to food court etc, but its not been an issue for us.

If you paid for a preferred room tho you should have been given this, were you offered a refund for that?

Preferred rooms are located in closest villages/blocks to the food court. Barbados isn't a preferred village.

Edited: 02 August 2014, 23:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort

That should say resort not tesort :0)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
982 posts
24 reviews