We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

I'm hoping some of the experts can help me out here! I would love to FP the electrical parade and wishes fireworks since I have a 2-year-old who doesn't like to sit still for long. If I book my 3 FPs for earlier in the day do I have a shot at booking either the parade or fireworks later that same day? We'll be there the first week of Dec. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

When we went to do our FP's at 30 days for our trip we just returned from, all of the slots for the early parade were gone. I'm not sure how many parades they run at that time of year, but I would make the parade one of your first 3. You can literally stay exactly where you are for the parade to watch Wishes as the FP spot is right in front of the castle. You will have a fantastic view. The entertainment is also really close together so the order is electrical parade, celebrate the magic, and Wishes. You won't have to wait for long with your little one in between each thing, only about 10 minutes.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

I was there at a busy time and the FP were gone for both in advance of the day.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

It's not that they are overly popular to get like some of the rides are, but that the space limitations for the areas where the reserved spots are located is very small, therefore there's very few FP+ slots available for these events.

So, even in "quiet" times, these are going to fill up very fast.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

If that is the FastPass you really want, then you should reserve it outright. As previously mentioned, its a capacity issue, so even if you are going at a "slow" time of year there just aren't that many passes available. It's not like a ride that reserves XX% of its XX,XXX guests a day capacity for FP+.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
196 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

Sorry to hijack the post but just thought of a question...We are about 35 days out and I don't see the electrical parade or wishes listed as a FP+ choice (we are staying on-site). Does this mean they are already taken or do these open up at a later date?

thanks!

Edited: 04 August 2014, 18:08
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,977 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

Yes, if it's not "open" for you to pick or if it says "stand by available" or something similar, it means it's either all booked for that date or simply not available at all.

I'm guessing because of the very small capacity of available slots, it's all booked. You might have had better luck at the 60-day point when you were first eligible to book FP+ if you're staying on-site.

Edited: 04 August 2014, 18:13
Spokane
Level Contributor
179 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

Where is the viewing area for it? And how do they regulate that the proper people get in to watch?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

The viewing area for the parade is on the inner circle facing the castle. The cast members have i-pads with scanners to scan the magic bands/cards. And they are vigilant too, they never opened up the area to others during the parade. The whole area is roped off.

9. Re: How popular is FP for electrical parade and wishes fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16