We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

Hi,

We fly out in September and were hoping some people could recommend a particular seller on Ebay (UK) that hires out the sat nav with the Florida maps installed if you received a good service, good value etc?

Many thanks!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

have you tried NAVFREE USA on your smart phone?

i prefer it to any sat nav i save all the destinations to my favourites and that way it doesnt use any data when out and about.

Hamilton, Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

Hi this is slightly off track from your exact question, but this was our plan to do this for this year & someone told me about a phone app called Waze. We solely used this for 2weeks and it was perfect. Even diverted us to avoid heavy traffic on the I4 one day. It's a free app.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

Thanks for your responses so far - has anyone used ebay at all that could recommend?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

This may sound like a silly question but do sat nav apps work when your data is turned off?!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

£25 to hire from E Bay, Or yours to keep at Walmart (Garmin) for $80.

Pop into Walmart.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

we too are going september, hired one from ebay, gone on sellers feedback, and initial responses, as a guide as to whom to use.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 12:36
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,637 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

Agree with Alan....pop into Walmart, then you've got one for your future visits;-)

sprki
Level Contributor
362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

We ordered one online from Sears and had it delivered to our hotel prior to arrival. It was a Manufacturer Refurbished for $69.99, and came with free delivery.

We got a TomTom with free lifetime map updates, and it worked out not mouch more than hiring one, plus its ours to keep for future trips.

I know a few people that have hired via eBay, one loved it and the other was overcharged, so mixed reviews led to us purchasing the one I now have firmly placed in the holiday drawer, plus we travel to USA approximately once a year so it will have paid for itself by next trip.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

instead of renting one via ebay I would just buy one via ebay , then sell it on your return , effetely making it free hire , as you still need to post the item back anyway ,

I brought my tomtom via ebay for around £60 all in inc delivery , always plenty of good ones around that sort of price range , and they also sell should you wish to sell it for a similar price to what you paid

10. Re: Hiring a Sat Nav via Ebay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:16