We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do at night time

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do at night time

Hi

We are going to florida next month and staying at the Avanti resort on international drive and i was wondering what there is to do at night?

I'll be 21 but my other half will only be 20 so that rules out some things

Thanks

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do at night time

Have a look at what's on in the Parks - depending on the dates you are going in September there might be Halloween Horror Nights at Universal or Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. Almost every night there's fireworks in the Disney Parks. You're also quite close to Pointe Orlando, so there are places like BB King's, where there's live music. Wonderworks is open late and there are crazy golf places that might be good fun at night if you don't want to go into bars.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do at night time

You'll be knackered after traipsing around the parks all day, all you'll want to do is have dinner and go to bed!! lol

If you want to see a show look into going to La Nouba at DTD it's fabulous :D Downtown Disney is a good place to spend an evening.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do at night time

we are there between 26 sept - 10 oct

are there any bars or things that dont require you to be 21 at nighttime?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do at night time

Along I Drive you will find a lot of activities for the evening, there are several putt-putt golf places, WonderWorks, Fun Spot America, CSI: The Experience, Ripley's Believe IT or Not! and WhirlyDome...

Miller's Ale House which is just within a couple of blocks from the Avanti has multi-screen TV's for watching sporting events and offers good food and is a favorite with tourists.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do at night time

I have looked at millers ale house

but as my girlfriend is under 21 will she be able to go into the bar even though she cant legally drink alcohol?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do at night time

She'll be able to go in to a lot of the places but won't be allowed to buy alcohol or drink it, be aware that they are extremely strict on this and if you are sen slipping her a drink or she is seen drinking from your glass they will call the police. Not saying she will do this but just be aware, it's not like underage drinking over here where lots turn a blind eye. Most of the bars, in the tourist areas, are restaurants too so everyone is allowed in, it's only a couple of clubs at Citiwalk where you have to be over 21 to actually get in.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do at night time

At MIller's (and most restaurants with bars) she can sit at the tables and the bar, she just won't be able to order or drink alcohol. Don't try to sneak or share because getting caught is stressful to say the least.

She won't be able to get into the clubs at City Walk after 10 or 11pm (can't remember the cut off but they start carding people late in the evening and you have to be 21+.) She should still be able to get into the restaurants like Margaritaville and Hard Rock though. Downtown Disney shouldn't be an issue as they do not have a 21+ cut off in the evening.

Orlando is relatively conservative when it comes to alcohol sales. Here are some tips to remember:

1) if it's a stand alone bar or club they will most likely start carding patrons around 10 or 11pm and only allow patrons 21+ to remain in the bar late in the evening. The idea here is that late at night they don't want to have to keep carding people so they card at the door and only allow 21+ so they don't have to card for every drink.

2) If it's a restaurant with a bar attached they generally won't give you any problems with someone 18+ sitting at the bar. Again, no sneaking or sharing. (This is why I generally recommend waiting until everyone in your party is 21+ to go to Orlando, especially if you come from a country where the legal drinking age is 18+.)

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do at night time

We usually just go out for some tea and a walk about. One night we'll play mini golf and last time we went to dave and busters arcade, great for acting like a kid again :D

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do at night time

Kevin, we look forward to your stay at Avanti Resort! There are several attractions on International Drive including the WonderWorks, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Dave and Busters, and The Point Orlando etc. During your stay please feel free to stop by our Concierge Desk for recommendations and coupons. See you soon!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do at night time

P.S. Check out Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. A special night time event with really scary haunted houses. We love it and go every year.