We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

off in just over 2 and a half weeks and still considering how we will get around.. is it worth renting a car for a few days from international drive?

Also do you have to pay excess( sorry i have never rented one before)

Just not sure on the procedure i.e.. if it states £72 for 3 days is that all i pay or is there more?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Level Contributor
376 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I'm not sure what you mean by "excess". Do you mean an excise tax?

The price you're quoted may depend on where you're looking. e.g. a rental car company versus an online site like expedia.

Generally, you'll be asked how many days you need the car, the type of car (e.g. full size, midsize, SUV, etc), and where you'd like to pick up and drop off. All of that will be used to generate the price quote for you. Most sites include taxes in the total price you're quoted. That's what you'll pay unless you keep the car longer, don't refuel, or purchase extras such as a navigation system, car seat, additional insurance, etc.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,693 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

"is it worth renting a car for a few days from international drive?"

Only you can answer that question, but many (most) UK visitors find it to be a BIG convenience and time saver, considering our heat and frequent thunderstorms. It also frees you up to get out of the Disney bubble and explore the local area for restaurants & shopping plus explore other parts of Florida as well. If all you see is Walt Disney World, your visit here is very narrow in scope.

"Just not sure on the procedure i.e.. if it states £72 for 3 days is that all i pay or is there more?"

Depends on the company and whether or not certain extras are included like insurance, car seats for kids, pre-paid fuel, etc. More information is needed to give a good answer. To start, is this a UK broker? If so which one and which American car rental company do the deal with?

3. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question