We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much is enough?

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
how much is enough?

Hi all,

Going in Dec with my wife 3 kids (12,10,6). Im going to pre buy all of my tickets for the parcs, everything else (car, villa) has been paid for.

How much is a good amount to take? We are going to eat out most nights (lunch and dinner prob) Lunch I foresee getting snacks at the parks (and taking some light snakcs with), dinner out most nights off site. We want to do shopping etc, but not going to go nuts....

any clue? $100 PP PD enough?

Sorry for the "how long is a piece of string" question

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much is enough?

That's about our budget for adults, kids a bit less but depends what you get roped into buying them!! Parks are quite expensive to eat in, snacks is a good idea!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much is enough?

Me and my husband budget $35 per day per person for food. We have breakfast at the hotel and usually a snack in the parks (share a burger and fries meal) then an evening meal in a place such as johnny rockets, sweet tomatoes, dennys etc. We more than managed with this budget and even did a few character dines. We then allow $1000 each spending money for shopping, but we do go crazy. So personally I think your budget is more than enough xx

Ps I just worked mine out and it works out we have $105 a day each

Edited: 06 August 2014, 08:42
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much is enough?

For food we take $100 per day for the two of us, sometimes we spend it, sometimes we spend less but were always roughly $100 each day in food.

For spending money, it all depends on how much of a shopper you are and what you can afford...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
690 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much is enough?

We are a family 2 + 3 and get by on €100 per day for food but thats with a complimentary breakfast at the hotel. Some days we spend it and others a small amount left over. Millers Ale House specials, TGI Friday's and Don Pablos's most of the week evenings with one or two special nights out at either the Olive Garden or Bahama Breeze.

5. Re: how much is enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17