We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Hi, please can someone tell me what the difference is between a standard twin room and a standard club room. I understand the rooms have different views but what I would like to know is are the standard club rooms any bigger in size than a regular standard room and what extras do you get with club? Also are the all day refreshments good enough to grab a quick breakfast from if you want to get out early for example and what else makes it worth the extra cost. Thank you!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

This might answer your questions.

aklresort.com/content/kilimanjaro-club-conci…

You can google Animal Kingdom Lodge club level and you'll get lots of pages summarizing it. We've decided not to stay yet, but of all the club levels, I think that's the best deal.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Overpriced and even more overpriced

Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

flori I, what a dumb response. Isn't it up to the OP to decide if he/she thinks it's "overpriced"? Obviously they know the cost of AKL and can afford it otherwise they wouldn't be looking at it.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Are you aware that things can be overpriced regardless of wether you can afford something? It would seem you are not. And secondly if the OP has not been there how could they possibly know wether it is value for money????

Lighten up, it was a meaningless joke nothing more, unless a struck a nerve, but stll it is massively overpriced for what it is

I just did a quick mock booking at a random date flying from manchester in Feb next year, to stay at AKL it was £2465PP room only, for the exact same date, flights and so on to stay at the Rosen inn Point orlando (i have not stayed here, but does seem very popular) it was £1310 pp room only so for 2 people to make this trip next Feb its £4930 total to stay at AKL and £2620 total to stay at Rosen inn, thats £2310 cheaper and thats where I get my 'overpriced' from

now I have stayed at AKL and it was nice and im sure it would be nicer than the rosen inn but £2310 nicer??? not a chance my room at AKL was 2 double beds with a night stand in between and a toilet attatched on the left as I entered the room, Similar to what I image the £2310 cheaper room at the Rosen would be although I have not stayed there.

thanks

Slinger, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Your definition of "overpriced" may be different from someone else's. Maybe what's offered in the Club Level is worth the extra money for the OP? A better response would have been what is and what isn't included in the Club Level so the OP could have made an educated decision. So, I stand by my comment that your response was dumb. Don't respond just to respond. Help the OP with his or her question.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

In my experience Club Rooms are normally the same size as regular but you have the convenience of the club lounge - breakfast, snacks, soft drinks and wine/beer/spirits in the evening. It's a personal choice, I enjoy the convenience of the lounge but not sure it's value for money!

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

The breakfasts are generally good enough to survive on. They have toast, porridge, meat, cheese, yogurts, cereal, muffins etc. Ask for takeaway cups for coffee.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,000 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

My question to someone who's looking at club rooms is usually will you eat/drink more than that room price difference, say it's $100 more a night. Will you really make use of it. That $100 would pay for our dinner out at a nice restaurant. We have one breakfast out and the rest of the mornings we eat small breakfast stuff from home. Lunch is usually in the parks. So think about if you'll get use out of it first :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Thanks for the constructive replies! I have found out what I needed to know from you all. With the club I also get access to the safari don't I? How much roughly is that extra?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,000 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge room types

Hi, if you mean the "Sunrise Safari", the cost and info is in the link in reply #1 :)