We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

We ( 2 Adults 2 kids 8,6 ) are headed to AK on Sat Sept 6, the park opens at 9am and we have breakfast reservations at Tusker House at 8.15am .

I have booked FP for 9.15 Kilimanjaro Safaris 10.30 Kali River Rapids and 11.30 for Expedition Everest.

I am wondering if I need to be booking the Safari ? Maybe the FP times would be better used a bit later?

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Edited: 09 August 2014, 23:55
Mentioned in this post
Tusker House Restaurant
Tusker House Restaurant
3,280 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Kilimanjaro Safaris
277 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

I wouldn't use a FP for the safari, especially since you will be back there already and ready to go on the ride by around 9:30am. We only waited 10 minutes for the safari on our trip in July when we got there at the same time. I would consider booking the Lion King in it's place if you plan on seeing this show, it fills up rather quickly with FP people and there isn't a lot of space for standby people. I would also maybe use your Kali FP a little later in the day. You get soaked on the ride and it's a great respite from the heat in the middle of the day. Your Everest FP is at a great time.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,627 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

I personally, especially in September, wouldn't schedule an FP+ before 11:30 AM, as the parks don't begin to fill up with folks until late morning.

You want the FP+ to be useful, but if the rides in the morning hours are practically a "walk on" in the standby line, FP+ is wasted.

2rh
Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
82 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

We did FP+ for the safari, but two out of three times (we love AK!) we didn't need them.

I would say your list is correct for FP+, and you can always do the Safari later in the day once your FP+ selections run out. I agree that 10:30 am might be a bit early for Kali, but that's based on the weather we just had. On Saturday, it was very very hot around 2 pm but it rained and was much cooler. Don't schedule Kali any time where you'd want to go inside (like do the Rafiki thing before Kali, or well after).

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

Ok great thanks for your thoughts, will have a play around with times!!

5. Re: Q Animal Kingdom and FP selection times non EMH day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:18