We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express passes??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Express passes??

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of purchasing express passes for my family of 4, both universal parks 2 days are selling for £430. Do you recommend these? I know they're not available to use on Harry potter but I'm thinking if we can skip the queues at other rides then we won't mind the wait at those. I can't price a universal vacation for our dates yet unfortunately. Thanks

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express passes??

Book a room at a Universal Hotel ( not Cabana Bay) and you will get FOTL passes for two days.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express passes??

Fi36 - the express pass is worth it depending on what time of year you are going. However they are readily available so would wait until you can compare the price of a room stay as maybe cheaper, was for me.

Plus you will get early entry for the HP stuff

Edited: 10 August 2014, 18:43
Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Express passes??

Agreed, would wait and see what a one night hotel stay would be. These would also include early park entry for HP world. When are you going? If you haven't yet, consider giving Universal Vacations a call direct and see if they can quote you. As said above, look at the 3 deluxe resorts if you want express included. Obviously a hotel stay doesn't include park entry tickets, but should be cheaper than what you're looking at for the two days express.

ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Express passes??

Capsdex have you immigrated from disneyland Paris site?? Lol

We've booked from 20th June-4th July, will q's be so bad that we need express passed. I think I might ring the booking line and see can I get a quote xx

Edited: 10 August 2014, 18:50
Connecticut
Level Contributor
376 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Express passes??

Summer is always busy at the parks and I imagine the Harry Potter areas will be quite busy next summer as well. If you don't stay at a Universal hotel, I highly recommend waiting to buy your express passes until after you've actually gotten into the park and have a better feel for the crowds that day. You can go online and see what the price will be for the particular day you're visiting. We balked at paying an additional $300 for the passes and found that the crowds and wait times dropped significantly after 4pm. With the exception of Despicable Me and the HP rides the wait times were all 30 minutes and under

ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Express passes??

I can book the hard rock on travel republic for 1 night for £272, would this get us FOTL passes and In early to Harry potter? X

Connecticut
Level Contributor
376 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Express passes??

The Express Passes would give you early entry but they can't be used for Escape From Gringotts or Forbidden Journey

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Express passes??

FI - you will get express passes for both days, your check in and check out days. Get there as early as you want to check in. You are going at a busy time leading up to 4th July

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,447 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Express passes??

We were at Universal in October and stayed 1 night at RPR. The parks weren't that busy, but having the FOTL passes were great, don't think I would want to return to Universal without them.

ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Express passes??

Thanks a million everyone, I think that's our minds made up then. We're staying on site!!