We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rocket launch

Save Topic
Rocket launch

I have just found out that there is going to be a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral whilst we are on holiday in orlando and am thinking of going to it.

We are are family of 4 adults and 2 children (7&10) staying in Kissimmee. Can anyone give me any advice on it? Like best viewing spot, and travel to and from.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral
Brevard County, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Kissimmee
Kissimmee
Central Florida, FL
Scotland
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rocket launch

Drive to Titusville.

http://www.titusville.com/Page.asp?NavID=204

Link contains all the best viewing areas in town.

Mentioned in this post
Titusville
Titusville
Brevard County, FL
Save Reply
2. Re: Rocket launch

Thanks that's a great link.

texas
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rocket launch

Spaceview park in Titusville.

Mentioned in this post
Titusville
Titusville
Brevard County, FL
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rocket launch

the ebst viewing is from withing KSC but its costs to stay and watch. Also at the time i was there you were able to take extra tours out and about for more $$$ which was great but if theres a launch they wont let you go some places

i just checked the Nasa website and it has it all on there

nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/events/#.U-jGVuNdXao

Save Reply
5. Re: Rocket launch

All great info thanks everyone. I think we might try the space center one

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rocket launch

take a camera with a good zoom although at the space centre you will be the closest its still about 3 mile away

texas
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rocket launch

I thought you meant from outside KSC, that is why I answered like I did. KSC is the best and closest. Went there for a shuttle launch, so yes, that is the best place to see it for sure.

8. Re: Rocket launch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16