We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in novemeber?

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming in novemeber?

Going to orlando In November some hotels look like they have awesome pools but can I use them in November I don't want to spend the extra money for those hotels and not use it

Thanks

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Here's a link to last year's recorded November temperatures for Orlando. The entire month. The lowest high was 66 degrees and that was one day in the last week of the month:

accuweather.com/en/…

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

I remember that 66degree day. In hollywood studios, kind of windy, with shorts and a vest. Was a bit chilly.. then came phantasmic show, wind water etc.. i was frozen solid lol

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

We went to Aquatica in november and I was freezing when we were walking from slide to slide. It was fine if you stayed under water but when you get out its cold! That was just one year though, hopefully this year will be warmer!

Orlando, Florida
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

November is weird here - it's kind of hard to say. The last few years have been mostly warm, and you can get 80+ degrees on Christmas day easily. Usually it's 70s-ish. But every once in a while there will be a cold day or two - but that's cold to us, not most folks from places that actually HAVE a winter. I'd say you'd be very likely to use the pool if you want, and they are most often heated if it's cold anyway (you can call the hotel and ask). Most of our water parks are open all year.

Personally, I don't swim unless it's at least 90 degrees, so can only swim 3/4 of the year. ;)

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

I did disney twice looking for #3 wouldn't go back in sept bc of the thunderstorms

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

I remember last Christmas I went to Celebration, And believe me it snowed for about 20 minutes!!!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
840 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

It's never been freezing cold for in November it does have a chill in the air on some days but it isn't cold! All water parks are still open if it really got that cold they wouldn't have the water parks open just take a jumper just for the chilly days when we go in November the heat is in the 80s. /. 90s hope this helps

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

November is normally fine for swimming. Early December a few years back I bought poinsettias for outside our villa door and there was a cold snap and it killed them. They were covering them with the fleece on i-drive so I should have known. We also lost a couple of hibiscus plants that winter as well. That's the only time I have ever been where I had to wear a proper coat. We have been in January a couple of times when it has been cold for a couple of days.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 10:33
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

November is also a quiet time until you get to Thanksgiving week when it does get busier.

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Just break the surface ice and jump in.

Remember to tie a rope around your waist and secure it to a tree stump or something... it's really annoying when you get trapped under ice - total nightmare! lol