We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gringotts- Real life wait times

Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Gringotts- Real life wait times

Ok so I have touringplans.com and for late September no matter what day I select it has Gringotts wait time as 5hrs or more. Now the ride is only 5 minutes long and from others reports it seats about 24 people (12 per carriage x 2). It just doesn't add up to me that there would be that many people waiting upto 5hrs for a ride (close to 800 people in a 5hr period). Especially since crowd calendars show light or moderate crowds.

So can anyone shed some light on actual wait times without express passes or early admission?

Is it due to the constant breakdowns? If so why don't they just close the ride and fix the problem?

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

It might be because the new HP area and they don't really know how busy it will be. We'll be there in 3 weeks time so I can't see tje queues being that long at that time of year considering all sschools are back in.

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Ouch Boof T !!!!

I just checked my touring plan and it was showing 54 mins wait (but that is with early entry as we are staying on-site).

Removed the early entry and re-evaluated, and you are correct, it shot up to 5.5 hrs :-(

I'm expecting WWOHP to be very busy, but that is excessive (any chance you could change your plans slightly and book in on-site for a night ??? )

Might also be a good question for their forum......

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Look the ride has only been operating for a few weeks. No one knows what it will be because you don't have 12 months info. If you check the wait times reported on the various apps they are showing over 2 hours but nothing like the 5 reported in the first few days.

September on a week day is going to be quieter. I would check wait times as sept starts and redo touring plan once they get some data

Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

I didn't think about that factor Derek! Hopefully you are right and the combination of weekday and schools being back might make a difference.

KazMR- we are staying at a villa so no chance of changing accommodation. We will just go single rider if the wait is too big but I heard that you miss most of the attraction if you do that!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Surely no one would wait 5 hours for a 5 min ride?? Have you got the Universal Orlando Maps app? It gives you live wait times and the waits seem to be around 1-2 hours

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

The app also has a recent wait times section that shows times of day and wait times

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Hi,

We returned on Saturday..sadly didnt get to ride Gringotts.The shortest time we saw was 3 hours one evening but they closed the queue at 6.30pm to fit in with the park closing time.We used the phone app at parks and they were relatively ok for estimated line times but not that great.We did the train and only had to wait in line 30 mins for that and really enjoyable.The advantage of folks waiting for gringotts is that the older rides where pretty much walk on by 9.30.Its a case of being prepared to wait as its a new attraction or like us will do it next time when its quieter.Sunstroke is no fun...

Waltham, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Came back Monday - wait time each time we looked was 2hrs min - needless to say we didnt bother !!

Late Sept is not as busy so wait may be less.

Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

Gemma- we won't have the app because it isn't worth us taking our phones to the US since the rates for the US for our carrier are ridiculous and it isn't worth carrying around a phone for 6 weeks for it to be useful for one. And yes we wouldn't be waiting for 5 hrs that is why I asked the question- surely no one waits for 2hrs let alone 5hrs!

Thanks Lelly57 and nickcat65- if the times during peak season are really only 2-3hrs then I would guess they will be better in late September. It is helpful to have real life reports.

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gringotts- Real life wait times

As this is a new ride, you can expect wait times to be pretty significant for the next few months, even in the "slower" times. As others have said, I recommend taking a look at Orlando Informer, they focus heavily on Universal and there is a lot of good info, as well as people's reviews of the new ride on their forums. Unless you're getting there immediately for early admission, expect no less than 60 minutes and likely 90 minutes on up pretty much for the foreseeable future.