We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking seats with virgin

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Booking seats with virgin

So the last time we flew with virgin we could prebook our seats 90 days out for free, we fly out on 27th November but just wondering what the situation is now. I think I read it had changed, we're flying with an infant if that makes a difference.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking seats with virgin

Signed on to my flying club account at 7.50 this morning 60 fays and 3 hours from our flight and the seat map was there so I booked our outward seats .

I can not book the return untill 60 days from the return date ,so there correct on there web site that you can book 60 days from flying atm.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
39 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking seats with virgin

We booked ours 3 weeks ago, and it was still free. Virgins rep reckoned the £25 fee to sit where you want, is still some time off being implemented.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,666 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking seats with virgin

You can pre-book you seats 60 days before your flight and it is still free at the moment. All the latest info is on the VA website if you want to have a read.

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,953 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking seats with virgin

That's great thanks, I didn't think you could still prebook.

Level Contributor
611 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking seats with virgin

I got told by virgin it was £25 per person each way, is this not right then or is it coming into place in 2015?

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,953 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking seats with virgin

It's currently still free but only opens at T-60 days. They intend to introduce a longer period and a fee (for most Economy class fares), but haven't yet got the software working right.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking seats with virgin

We prebooked our seats when we took our 22 month old grandson and when we tried to book in online it is not allowed with an infant.

So at the Airport when we checked in the next day we had been reallocated seats and not the one's we had requested as once again we had an infant.

Be very careful as I know the seats are not guaranteed but we ended up in the central four and not the window seats we had asked for.

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking seats with virgin

If travelling when an infant you can contact Virgin customer service who will allocate your seat.

All seats can be changed but carriers have to make every effort to seat families with children under 12 together.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking seats with virgin

We have had our seats changed a couple of times accept when doing the special assistance.

10. Re: Booking seats with virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16