We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Hi All

Just been looking at the prices for the Express Passes at Universal Studios to see if it will be worth it when I spotted the Photo Connect Card further down on the website.

Has anyone here used one of these before - it says it's $60 for your whole family and is valid for 3 consecutive days. It covers all of the ride photos and all characters round the parks - it also covers both IOA and US.

According to the website you get one free print and discounted prices on extra prints. Apparently you get all the digital copies though. Would just like to know if anyone uses this and if it is as good as it seems? Can you get more than one ride photo from the same ride? So if we went on twice could we get both photos? are there any restrictions we need to know about?

I'm assuming the copies that go on the card won't be watermarked and we'll have full access to print them off when we get home?

Seems like a good deal to me - or is it too good to be true?

Thanks.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

They are your copies to do with what you wish as far as I have read. We have opted for the 14 day version as we have 14 day park ticket and will not be going consecutive days. You can also download the app on your phone, and each time you have a photo, it adds to that app account (once you log in) and you can more or less instantly see you photos. There are less photo opportunities than there are at Disney. We had the Disney version last year and got 500 photos. This year we will probably not get anywhere near that, but we are only doing universal and would like nice photos as a keepsake. I think you can collect more than one ride photo from the same ride, it doesn't read otherwise.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Oh I didn't realise there was a 14 day option, we have the 14 day entry tickets so that would be better as we plan on revisiting these 2 parks throughout the whole 2 weeks. The only one I saw was for $60 for 3 days. Where is the other one?

Thanks very much

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

I'm pretty such the 14 days one is $89 :-) we plan on getting this one too for our trip too.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

great, thanks. I'll have to have a look around for it. I know there's not as many photographers around the parks but it's the ride photos that we love the most. We always get a couple so there's our money back already when you think about it.

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Try universals photo connect presale. You can only get it before travel. It's not available in the park. We got it last week. Printed the voucher and that redeem in the park.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

oki doki i'll check that out thanks. Do you know how far in advance you can get it? I don't go until next May

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

We used it and yes you can have as many pictures as are taken and they are not watermarked.

Make sure before you leave they are edited to get the special frames or added extras put on them.

Read Orlando Informer website and it tells you all about them, also do a search on TA as this topic came up a couple of weeks ago.

Good value for money as most ride pictures are about $20 ish

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Thanks very much RandMontour. I'll have a look now. Apologies for asking a repeated question, I'm on here pretty often and must've missed it.

Level Contributor
243 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Read my trip reports on it. I bought the 14 day unlimited one for $90 well worth it.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Photo Connect Star Card

Thanks Johnny, I've been reading your trip reports most days, must've missed the one about this. I'll have a look back over now.

Hope you enjoy/enjoyed discovery cove (just read the one where you were packing ready to go the night before) :-)