We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

United Kingdom
14 posts
Save Topic
How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

We are a family of 4 , 2 adults & 2 children. We've never been before to orlando we have all our park tickets bought in advance also have paid for transfers to & from airport. Staying on I-drive. Just want a idea of how much to take as spending money for food etc.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
98 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

Hi Pinkdee, spending money varies greatly depending on what you want to do and where you want to eat? There are loads of great restaurants on Idrive that are fantastic value for money. Can get a 3 course meal with unlimited soft drinks for about $25 per person from some places!

This is my 3rd year travelling across and each year ive taken about £1000 ($1600) for me and my 8 year old son. This has covered eating, drinking, souvenir shopping and evening entertainment.

Just remember that food and drink in the parks is expensive so what we used to do was go to walgreens on Idrive and stock up on water, juice and snacks and carried them in with us to the park. Hope this helps, if you need any other info please feel free to ask :)

United Kingdom
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

Thank you for your message, we are thinking around £3000 for the the 4 of us?

Level Contributor
199 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

Just like your yourselves we were a family of 4 , we took £3000 worth of dollars, had all our tixs beforehand, we found this to be adequate, we actually brought home over $500 which is the start of our spenders for next time:)

Leeds
Level Contributor
766 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

Hi

You will have plenty with £3k (depending on your shopping habits I guess), we always work on about £500 per person to cover food/drink/nights out etc for 2 weeks & usually have some left (this is adults). However this doesn't cover any real shopping.

We tend to stock up on stuff at the apartment to grab a snack breakfast on the go (you don't want to waste time going for breakfast when you could be avoiding the queues at the parks early on), we grab lunch wherever we are in the parks (sorry but we don't find it that badly priced) and always buy drinks as we need them as it saves carrying and they are cold that way, tea will vary massively from a decent restaurant (Italian, Steakhouses etc) to KFC it really depends on where we've been and what time we have freed to eat.

As said £3k plenty with probably £1.5-£2k for food & drink depending on where you like to eat.

Enjoy

5. Re: How much spending money for 2 weeks in orlando oct 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:17