We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south wales
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

Hi.

I'm hoping Scan60 will see this but if anyone else can help that would be great. We're hoping to go to The Kissimmee Sports Arena Rodeo on a Friday evening and wondered if the Lynx goes there. We are staying at The Clarion Inn LBV so there is a bus stop right opposite the hotel.

Thakns for any help.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

It's a bit off the beaten track, if there is a bus service it will be quite a walk from the stop

It's kinda at the back of an industrial estate not somewhere I would want to walk at night

The rodeo ends quite late we were there until about 11pm

I would consider a cab

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

The rodeo we saw was on a Saturday night must be a different rodeo to the one you are going to - ignore my first post :-)

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,833 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

I have not been to the Rodeo so this is based on the address and location thrown back by Google for " The Kissimmee Sports Arena Rodeo". With that caveat......

The closest bus stop to the rodeo location is 1.5 miles away. And that stop is on a bus route (26) that will make it take quite a while to reach. So, ignoring that for the moment....

The next closest stop/route is on US192 - far easier to get to, but involving making your own way for a touch under 2 miles (~40 minutes on foot)

If you are up for that.......

Bus 50 (every 20-30 minutes) from LBV to Disney's Transportation Center. Transfer there to 56 (every 30 minutes) and get off on US192 by the Osecola Square Mall. From there, walk (or take a taxi) two miles more or less due south on Hoagland Rd.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

That was the one we went to so my 1st post still stands lol

Can I just add that we have actually been to the rodeo and it's not in an area to walk to

I wouldn't discount going as it was a real experience but if you don't have a car I would take a cab

south wales
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

Thankyou, very helpful replies. I think a taxi is the way to go! Susieb - was the rodeo family friendly? Although we are 3 adults, DD (21) worries terribly about animal welfare and would be distraught if any animal was injured or badly treated.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,472 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

There were lots of families there it was good fun

They are all professionals there us no way animals could be treated cruelly in fact it was the riders that came off worst

They invite kids into the arena to have a go at pulling a ribbon off little steers for a prize

A little girl from Bolton in Lancashire won when we were there

There were loads if tourists there - take a cushion the seats are as hard as rock

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,752 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

No sidewalks and too far from the closest Lynx stops. You'll need to drive or cab in. I suggest keeping the phone number with you. Maingate Taxi has their offices close to there and operate in the Kissimmee area. Or I might get the number of the driver who takes you.

south wales
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

Thanyou everyone. I am really looking forward to a new experience!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

Rodeos are definitely family friendly and fun. I am a huge animal lover and would never go to one if the animals were mistreated. In events like calf roping, it may seem a bit harsh but on a working ranch this is often how they would single out calves from a herd to brand them (now THAT would be harsh! Ouch), to medicate them, etc. Bull and bronc riding are great fun to watch and offer the biggest thrills of the night as a rule. Especially those bulls! You'll have a blast. The suggestion to take a cushion if you have one is not a bad idea. LOL!

plymouth england
Level Contributor
196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus to Kissimmee Rodeo

hi maidenfan did you do the rodeo show and what transport did you take we are going early June 2015 and would really like to go to this show we will not have transport any suggestions