We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

northern Ireland
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Hi all...need LOTS of help...Never been to Florida and don,t even know where to start about where to stay or what best to do when we get there...Family of 4 (2 teenagers,,,,one just wants to go to Harry potter) Need to know about tickets for parks...where best to get them...we don't intend to be doing parks everyday...maybe 3 or 4 visits...we'll prob hire a car....we will be going late june/early july 2015 for 2 weeks...flying from belfast or dublin...I,d appreciate some help .Thanks Sarah

Scotland
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Try floridatix or undercover tourist for tickets. I'm sure you're aware but there are 4 big Disney parks, plus 2 big Universal parks (each with a Harry Potter area), plus a zoo theme park (Busch Gardens) at Tampa with world class roller coasters. Then there's SeaWorld, plus the 2 big Disney water parks, plus Wet n Wild and Aquatica water parks, plus Discovery Cove. If that's not enough there are smaller parks like Legoland etc too.

Maybe buy The Brits Guide to Orlando, a book from Amazon with lots of handy info in it. Be prepared for your teenagers to be very excited at all the things in all the parks, and for the holiday to grow arms and legs. A fortnight pass to Disney is a couple of hundred quid per person, and you can easily double that if you want the non-Disney too.

2. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 June 2016, 18:01
Edited: 13 June 2016, 18:01
Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

One advantage flying from Dublin direct to Orlando is you can take care of all immigration, customs and agriculture inspections at Dublin before you departure which means you land in the US as a domestic flight

dublinairport.com/gns/…US-Preclearance.aspx

northern Ireland
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Thanks everyone..especially Jenniparks...you have given me some great info...it's a real help..regards Sarah

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Hi I've just my flights with BA from Dublin. We are going the last 2 weeks in June (can't wait)! I booked direct with BA fkying from Dublin to Philadelphia then MCO, great flight times and then the reverse on way home. Aer Lingus fly direct from Dublin but a lot more expensive. Virgin is flying direct from Belfast from 25th June but think only for 2 weeks and most seats already booked, again a lot more expensive. Be careful when looking on comparison sites when I looked into flight details the stopovers were 7 hours in some cases. Ours is just under an hour going and 2 hours coming home. Happy planning

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Melissa, BA do not fly DUB-PHL-MCO. I think you will find that your flight will be with US Airways.

northern Ireland
Level Contributor
120 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

I.ve just checked Ba website and they are flying Dublin- heathrow with Ba and then out of Gatwick with Aer Lingus....don't know if I want to do that...I'll keep looking

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

My only advice is to skip the first week of July which includes July 4th, the busiest week of the summer.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Sarah, from Dublin consider US Airways via Philadelphia or Charlotte. Also Delta via New York JFK or Atlanta.

Craigavon, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help and advice for holiday in Orlando from belfast or dubli

Doing alot of reading myself as we are planning on going at a similar time but in 2016. So have been looking at prices ourselves to get an idea of what we will pay when booking next summer. One thing i've learned is the price of flights jump on 25th june as that is the start of high season. So if possible try and go before 25th june as flights will be cheaper. Also forget belfast as the uk airport taxes are dearer than if you start your journey from dublin. As there will be a large group of us we will be booking flights only from clubworld travel, they are very good to deal with and the guide prices they give us for next year were not much dearer than skyscanner etc but had far better connecting flight times. It was dublin-gatwick-Mco with Virgin £465 adult £410 child. We will be booking villas, park tickets and car hire ourselves. Be interesting to know what flights you actually book.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 17:00