We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIsney in September?

Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
DIsney in September?

How are the line-ups in Disney in September? Are they noticeably much shorter than they are any other time of the year with kids being just back in school? How's the weather at this time of year?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,322 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIsney in September?

Weather is still summer weather, hot humid, chance of rain every day (but it probably won't rain every day). It's a good time to go, but of course, there will still be plenty of people there :)

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DIsney in September?

The beginning of September is considered "Value" season at WDW Resorts, which means it's a quieter season, and rates are lower. That said, there's never a truly 'quiet' season at WDW anymore. There will always be lines, but they will likely be shorter than usual during this time.

If I remember correctly, September is also hurricane season, though this usually isn't really an issue.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,676 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DIsney in September?

"How's the weather at this time of year?"

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-s208/Orlando:F…

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
329 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DIsney in September?

Totally agree with Zife there really isn't a "quiet" time anymore. We are arriving the 19th of September staying 6 nights at the Caribbean Beach had no intention of going but the free dining got me hook, line and sinker. The Epcot Food and Wine festival starts the day we arrive, just love it, and we are also going to the "Not too scary halloween party" at the Magic Kingdom. This will be my 3rd year going this time of year and love it. The last 2 years the weather has been perfect, don't get me wrong it is still summer so it is warm but the showers are far and few between unlike the July and August. I find there are alot of young couples and families with young children during this time of year and some old fogies like myself late 40's early 50's. Also enjoy the extra daylight which you don't get in the later months of year.

pa
Level Contributor
54,298 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: DIsney in September?

September is great compared to Christmas, Easter or July :)

Keep in mind it is Free Dining time so if you are thinking of going this September, make some ADRs ( advance dining reservations ) This is where you will see and feel the crowd levels, most all Table Service Restaurants will be booked up. If planning for next year, be sure to make those ADRs early, you can book 180 days in advance

Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DIsney in September?

We booked at a value resort and are doing the quick service dining. My little one is afraid of characters in costume and my other child only wants to see the princesses so we're doing Epcot specifically for that reason and I have a FP booked to meet Cinderella & Rapunzel (her two favorites), Enchanted a stories with Belle (FP), and a meet & greet with Mickey & friends. And since they are little and tire quickly we thought we'd do quick and easy for meals and get back to the rides quicker.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DIsney in September?

We always go at the end of september, and there arn't many rides we have to que on for long either. The longest we've had to que for in Disney is for soarin for about 30 mins, and we've grabbed fast passes for some others that had similar wait times. The weather is usually very nice, you can get a 5 min heavy downpour at about 3pm but we quickly run for cover in a shop or ride. We've only had one day of very bad weather in the past few visits.

In regards to your Quick service dining plan, have you looked to upgrade it to the full dining plan as I couldn't just quick service food twice a day. Its quite limiting and doesn't include places like Rinforest cafe, Character dining, T-Rex or any of the lovely restaurants at Epcot.

Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DIsney in September?

I did look at upgrading to a regular plan but it but it looks like it would be about $265 to upgrade for a 6 night area stay, which seems like a bit much. :-(

pa
Level Contributor
54,298 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: DIsney in September?

That's only $11 per person per night, that, IMHO, would be very worth it to upgrade

But

If you would rather just grab quick service, that's fine, there are plenty of yummy options

wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan-restaurants.h…

10. Re: DIsney in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:18