We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SeaWorld listens

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
SeaWorld listens

Improvement news ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AplvsszmVcY

David

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SeaWorld listens

think its more to do with share prices dropping down fast due to the likes of blackfish etc.

azcentral.com/story/…

I would sooner see them move away from a new "Killer Whale Habitat" , its clearly this area that's unpopular , its certainly is with me

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SeaWorld listens

Doubt it will do much to satisfy or placate the extremists.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SeaWorld listens

Seaworld were explicit in their announcement that the changes were not because of bad publicity, so the header of 'Seaworld Listens' is pejorative and just fuel to a thread that will probably descend into farce.

Would have made more sense if it was just like any other expansion plan - i.e. "Seaworld Expands Killer Whale Exhibit"

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
3,496 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SeaWorld listens

The whales exist at SeaWorld facilities already.

They cannot be returned to the wild ... they would die.

SeaWorld are enhancing the environment in which these animals exist.

This can only be a good thing.

BTW my title was in no way meant to be disapproving or in contempt of their actions. Every good company listens to their customers and reacts to their opinion ... and it also shows that they are concerned with the welfare of their animals.

David

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,892 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SeaWorld listens

They're not going say we're doing this because of bad publicity..lol

Any improvement is good, but really still not enough.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 16:56
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SeaWorld listens

So,sea world listens . But then claim that they are not doing this due to bad publicity??????

So what did they listen to?????

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SeaWorld listens

Hi

I hardly think such extensive expansion plans have been as a result of negative publicity. As the whales are captive and CANNOT be released even into sea pens they are just enhancing the existing habitats.

8. Re: SeaWorld listens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:17