We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
279 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Wide awake at 3 am and DH said we must sleep again as otherwise jet lag will get the best of us and we won't make it at Epcot until Illuminations. Well we managed to sleep again and up at 7 am, which was perfect as on checking inn the previous day, we had booked our 9.45 shuttle to Epcot and could take it easy, shower, open luggages and sort day's outfit, etc, etc. Today we wore personalized matching shirts that DD so wanted to do after watching a lot of Disney Channel. We wore Boo Yah ! Shirts which turned out to be so cool. DD wore a shirt with BOO on, I had the YAH part and DH had no say and got the ! Mark one :)

Off on to the shuttle bus and once at Epcot we could feel the magic of 15 years ago ( forgot to say that this is our second visit and our DD's first). Straight in and to the visitors center to activate our memory maker and we all got our special buttons, DD 1st visit whilst DH and myself got the Happy Anniversary one and we were walking in for our first photo. Upon checking memory maker out before doing this tr, we found 40 pics today ready to download which is very good for a first day.

Please note that DH didn't like the fact that he had to go round the park for the whole day with his Happy Anniversary button on but he wasn't a spoil sport and kept it on to a lot and a lot of Happy Anniversary guys, and where are you from?, from a lot of Disney Staff

Started off with our first fast pass at Mission Space and we all liked it. Next was Test track with a 90 minute wait time but within 50 minutes this was done, our photo loaded onto our memory maker and off to some popcorn for DD as this morning she didn't get any breakfast.

Made a stop at a character spot in Future World for autographs and pics with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy and it was now time for our next fast pass at Journey into imagination with figment which was a wasted fp in my honest opinion. By this time our DD was complaining that the trainers are hurting her toes, so we bought her flip flops and went back to 'The Land ' area to do our so awaited fp ride Soarin. This was amazing and our favourite in Epcot.

We were all getting hungry so stopped at the food court for some pizza and Chinese food which came up to Usd 45. We got our energy back and did some more rides, including Living with the land, Nemo & Friends and Captain Eo. Time flew by so fast and it was now 4pm and were just starting World Showcase. Amongst others we stopped at Norway to do Maelstrom, IMO, a fun water ride and last but not least at the Japan Pavillion to get a pearl. This is one of the ideas and important information I got from AJ. Thumbs up to you :)

DD and myself chose an oyster each and the pearl ceremony begun. DD got a size 7 pearl whilst I got an 8. We chose a pendant each and left them there to be made up. This cost Usd 100 in all, the pearls are Usd 17 each and the rest for a pendant each, no chain. Quite expensive IMO but DH convinced me to do them now otherwise they will be left in the drawer for a long time. In the end these were worth it as we both can remember our visit when wearing them. We had to return after an hour to collect the finished pendants.

At 7pm we had an ADR at Via Napoli in the Italian Pavillion and food was excellent, same was the desert which DH took. DD and I were too full and had no space left for desserts. Bill came to Usd 65 including tip. By now DD was complaining that her inner thighs are sore with all the walking and DH and I took it in turns to give her a lift on our backs as walking was painful she said.

We found a good spot near the UK Pavillion to see the Illuminations and once these were over walked out to find our shuttle back to hotel. Everyone fast asleep whilst I am writing this report.

Tomorrow it's typhoon lagoon so should be an easy day.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

It sounds like your having an amazing time thanx for sharing keep them coming xx

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

How old id DD out of interest ? Gives us a idea of what rides characters she would enjoy the most! Great first report looking forward to the rest thanks

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Great first report settled in well you can now enjoy your holiday Happy Anniversary

Edited: 18 August 2014, 07:56
Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Great start to your holls, look forward to reading more :)

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Great Trip Report, look forward to reading the rest!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
821 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Thanks for the great first trip report

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Sounds like a good first day after your bad start with flights.

Rather than carry DD it might be easier to rent / buy a stroller if she too tired to walk around the parks.

Looking forward to your next installment

Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
279 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Waynervxr - DD is 11 yrs old. She enjoyed all rides and even character greeting even though she is a tween. Well even her parents did lol!

Marion - brilliant idea but it was just that she had very sore inner thighs. She does not really complain unless she is very uncomfortable. She is used to a lot of walking when we travel. However I'll keep that in mind as even I would enjoy a ride on a stroller after 12hours of walking in very hot and humid weather :)

Malta, Europe
Level Contributor
279 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Waynervxr - DD is 11 yrs old. She enjoyed all rides and even character greeting even though she is a tween. Well even her parents did lol!

Marion - brilliant idea but it was just that she had very sore inner thighs. She does not really complain unless she is very uncomfortable. She is used to a lot of walking when we travel. However I'll keep that in mind as even I would enjoy a ride on a stroller after 12hours of walking in very hot and humid weather :)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Maltesers doing Orlando - Day 1 Epcot

Great TR thanks. I didn't know you can book shuttle rides to the parks? Do you have to pay for these?