We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Topic
Alamo

Hi All,

Ive been reading about the benefits of Alamo for renting a car and went to check to see if they have dates for our cars and strangely they can let you select a return date in Sep 15 but not start in Sep 15 can anyone tell me why that is?

I need to book for 10th Sep 2015 till the 26th Sep 2015 and we have looked at carhire3000.com and they have their dates?

Also when you guys have talked about Alamo you said about skipping the desk to go straight to the Garage, do you have to buy a certain package or be part of a group or something?

As always, thanks

C

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,389 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo

Give it a while yet; perhaps they cannot book more than 356 days in advance.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
14,639 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo

You don't need to hire your car so far in advance if you don't want to. We always hire ours a month before we go away. Prices don't vary much from year to year in our experience. It may be too early to hire yet as Kat says?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo

Looking too far ahead, I went in May this year and paid £334 for a 7 seater , same price for next July so as stated, wait till nearer the time, unless your choice of vehicle is a speciality car...

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo

Just tried a mock reservation. I was able to enter a start date in Sept. 2015 up until the 21st as well as an end date up until then. As others said...you just need to wait awhile longer. Here's a link from Alamo explaining 'skipping line'.

https:/…checkin.html

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo

We use Alamo all the time when we go to Orlando. I book it through the Virgin site and they have online check in where you print off a voucher and head straight to the lot after immigration. Get to pick the car from row of many and then just head out.

Really quick and easy and don't have to go anywhere near the rental desk.

6. Re: Alamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2016, 07:18