We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Kissimmee

Sint Maarten, St...
Level Contributor
184 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Days Inn Kissimmee

hey guys... so we are excited to come to Orlando on a vacation in September, and booked at the Days Inn in Kissimmee, 2930 Polynesian Isle Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746 to be exact... now I read somewhere online that the Days Inn next to old town is called by locals "club meth" because their rooms smell like someone has been cooking meth inside? Can anyone advise me here, is there another Days Inn next to old town that they could be talking about? We booked via Booking.com and our card has not yet been charged, but the reservation is a non-refundable one so they do have the money on hold and will charge it eventually...

What does anyone else know about the Days Inn...this one that is... we're travelling with a 3 year old and a 8 month old...

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from US$112.99*
US$118.99
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Like a lot of places you get what you pay for, personally I wouldn't stay there let alone with 2 small children. take a look at the Holiday Inn Maingate East across the street, we've stayed there many times, basic hotel but large clean rooms and gets much better reviews than the Days Inn

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Hello Jennefer,

I live in the area and I would not recommend the place to anyone. I didn't know anything about the meth labs, and I'm not entirely surprised. The place has been pretty seedy looking for a long time now. Call your credit card company if you have to and tell them to stop the charges.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 23:23
Sint Maarten, St...
Level Contributor
184 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

oh boy... this doesn't sound too good... gonna call the bank tomorrow and see if we can stop the charges... I thought I did the right research on tripadvisor, the reviews seemed pretty good :(

Oh man...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Jennefer, better you find out now. I can't imagine you traveling all the way here to arrive to the Days Inn here. Some Days Inns are fine, but that one has tried to recreate itself so many times over the 16 years I've lived here, and changed hands several times and it seems every time things look worse. I think long ago it was probably a pretty decent place to stay.

Sounds like USLovers has a good personal rec for you right across the street! :-D

Sint Maarten, St...
Level Contributor
184 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

I am looking at liki tiki village too... any advise on that one? Or any other nice resorts/hotels in the area? it doesn't have to be Kissimmee per se, we'll have a rental car, but it does have to be kid friendly and affordable :) Any local tips would be highly appreciated!

Sint Maarten, St...
Level Contributor
184 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

we looked at holiday inn but hubby doesn't have good experiences with holiday inn... but we're gonna keep it in mind if we can't find anything else :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Liki Tiki is timeshare, yes? I have been on the property, though only to pick someone up there. It looked pretty nice. It is out west on 192 from WDW. Kid friendly makes me think of the Nickelodeon hotel between South International Drive and 536. It's in the vicinity of the Marriott World Center and just off WDW property. Also, if have you checked prices on the Art of Animation or the All Star Resorts on WDW property? Not sure if they are in your budget, but figured if you're looking at Liki Tiki and they are TS, perhaps these hotels would also fit your budget?

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Why not look at renting a house through something like VRBO? Most of them usually have a private pool, themed rooms, and are generally a pretty good price/night (though I'm not sure what your budget is).

Also, there are some nice Starwood brand hotels available, and Starwood has never let me down. I actually stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Orlando Studio City a couple of years ago, and had a good time. Right now, prices are around $70/night in September.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Take a look at Comfort Suites Maingate East. It's usually pretty budget friendly, not at all far from Old Town and pretty nice overall.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Days Inn Kissimmee

Another property worth looking at is Country Inn & Suites by Carlson near Universal.