We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AK time management

mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
AK time management

I've been able to determine how long it should take to get thru the attractions at AK utilizing the wait schedules at tourplans but would like some input on how long we should expect to spend on: Maharajah Jungle trek, Pangani Forest, and Discovery Island trail. Am traveling with DS6 and DD4 obviously with short attention spans. We plan on arriving at Rope drop on 9/1 doing all rides, Festival of the Lion King, Flights of wonder by our 12:30 ADR at Akershus. Am trying to fill voids in schedule between attractions. Only plan on doing Habitat Habitat as time permits. Have FP's for Rapids,Everest and Dinosaur a second time after lunch.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AK time management

There is no way you are going to do all that and get across to EPCOT for 12.30. It'll take you at least 40-60 minutes to get back to your car drive to EPCOT, park up and get to Akerhaus.

mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AK time management

Made a mistake. Having lunch at Tuskers 9/1 and diner at Akershus on 9/2. Thanks for pointing that out.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AK time management

Is this your first trip?

mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AK time management

This is my second trip as a tourist and first as a family. I lived in Orlando from 88'-93' and worked on the Micky Mouse club and did all Universal and Disney's commercials. Know all the parks except AK very well. Did operation Dumbo drop at AK but was only in the Safari for that.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AK time management

It is literally up to you how long it takes to do these things, all depends on how long you look at the animals, if you participate in the Wilderness Explorers program, crowds, pictures, etc. We usually budget about 45 minutes for Pangani, but have spent longer or less time when the animals were/weren't active, the cast members gave a presentation, etc. We have only done the Jungle Trek and the Discovery Island trail once several years ago so can't really comment. There isn't a line or anything, it is up to you.

mgr
Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AK time management

Thanks Kaya. I was hoping 45- 1 hour would be enough. My kids go to petting zoos and Zoo Atlanta quite often and will not spend too much time over animals. Would probably want to spent more time with character greets.

7. Re: AK time management

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16