We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best motion sickness tablets?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best motion sickness tablets?

Hi guys,

Unfortunately I have started to develop some slight motion sickness after roller coasters and rides (having never had this previously). We head out to Florida in 59 days and I was wondering if any of you take tablets to combat motion sickness? If so, which ones would you recommend?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

My best friend suffers too and she uses Stugeron. Sorts her out a treat. Takes one every morning before we go to the park and she's fine

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Thank you. I'll check them out.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
291 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Lots of people recommend Bonine

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Bonine got me through Rock n Rollercoaster.

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Hi Jester

I bought Dramamine from Amazon Uk they are an American motion sickness tablets but got good reviews on the Forum but you can buy them over there Walmart Walgreens got mine over here because I wanted to try one just to make sure I had no ill effects ( which I didn't) I think they were about £9.50 for 8 tablets and come in a handy plastic tube I bought the non drowsy I will be getting some to bring home ready for next year when I go in November

Edited: 20 August 2014, 12:08
London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Thanks everyone. I will report back to let you know which ones I went for and how they worked for me.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
879 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

I'm a big fan of Kwells- they are fast acting and you only have to take them 20 mins before. Stugeron you have to take ages before and it personally makes me drowsy all day. Kwells will even settle me while I'm in the middle of unexpected travel sickness The only problem is there has been a supply problem with Kwells for ages- they are like gold dust! I found a pack in my local boots a while ago but couldn't get hold of them for months before that.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,961 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Dramamine or Bonine :)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Hi Jester,

My middle daughter has suffered from motion sickness since she was a small child. Her pediatric neurologist recommended I give her Bonine, which is the "trade" or company name. Meclizine is the generic name. It last longer than Dramamine and will not make you nearly as drowsy. It has worked very well for her for many years now, and for other members of our family that occasionally suffer motion sickness. It can be purchased OTC at any Walgreen's, CVS, Wal-Mart or Target here. I think you'll find it works like a charm for you. But you MUST take it first thing in the morning before you do your roller coaster day. :-D

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best motion sickness tablets?

Thank you for all your responses. I ordered some non-drowsy Dramamine as I could get it on Amazon UK. Going to try it out at Thorpe Park before I head to Florida. If that doesn't work then I'll try and grab some Bonine when I get there.

58 days to go!