We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

Monday 19 August : 13th full day, Wet n Wild

Had some spare time this morning so had our first free breakfast at the hotel. It was similar to previous year. Bread, muffins, cereals etc. Ok for free but not worth going out of your way for.

We arrived at Wet n' Wild well in time for opening at 10.00 am.

Went first to Brainwash – which is one of the best rides and also helps you get a good overview of the park.

We then all worked our way through the bigger raft rides:

The Surge. This is a family raft ride. Although maximum is 4. Overall a very good long ride. Not as good as the one at Blizzard Beach but better than the one at Typhoon.

Disco H2O – another good raft ride.

Black Hole – 4 of us went on this. Good fun. By now the People with FP had arrived so the Q’s were getting longer.

We went on The Blast and The Flyer. The Flyer is definitely one of our favourite rides.

Me and DS17 went on the new mat slides that have replaced the Bubba ride.

DD11 was really looking forward to going on the Knee ski in the lake, unfortunately It had been closed last year and she had been gutted.

However, this year it opened at 12.00 and after some questions from DD11 regarding the possibility of alligators in the lake, she was first in the Q.

You have to pay extra for this activity but it is superb value at just under $13 per person for unlimited Knee ski and wake boarding for the rest of the afternoon.

DD11 was the only one of us who really wanted to do it. She was first on and straight away she was brilliant. She did 4 circuits of the knee ski lake before they stopped her. (4 circuits is the max on any one go). She then had 4 attempts at the wake boarding but unfortunately she could not get going on this so she went back to the knee ski.

We had some lunch at about 1pm and then did a couple of quick circuits in Lazy river before DD11 went back to the Knee ski. She spent most of the rest of the afternoon either on the knee ski or trying to get going on the wake board.

Whilst DW was watching her; Me, DD15 and DS17 spent most of the rest of the afternoon chilling in the lazy river. It is nowhere near as good as the ones at Typhoon or Blizzard but it served its purpose as a place to relax.

We got out about 4pm and by now DD11 had also finished on the Knee ski.

Went to chill out a bit more in the lazy river. I think by now that DD11 arms really hurt from holding the rope on the knee ski.

We left just before 5pm.

In terms of the quantity and quality of the bigger thrill rides, this is definitely the best selection in Orlando. Although the lazy river and wave pool are not as good as the other water parks.

The park has a good little kids area, and although our kids are too big for this area now, we have in previous years spent many happy times in the kids area.

Went back to Uno for tea. This was our 4th visit of the holidays, and we have been much less adventurous in our restaurant choices than previous holidays, but we have found that the selection of food suited our various tastes.

Halifax
Level Contributor
764 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

Nice report.

Love Disco H20.

Agree re your family raft ride comments - the one at Typhoon is awful, having to carry your own boat makes it even worse!!

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

You seemed to pack a lot in to the time you were there Great TR

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

I take it there was no alligators in the lake then...!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
848 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

Was the new mat slide good? Can't wait to try it out in October I love wetnwild its one of my favourite water parks its nice that all the slides are all very close so you don't have to walk very far thanks for the fantastic trip report

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,997 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

We love Wet n Wild, great rides/slides, agree with damien, everything close together. I like the wave pool, nice and basic, hate the one at typhoon lagoon :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,809 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

Another water park in WnW glad you are getting a lot accomplished.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,163 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

WnW sounded great fun, I might add this park on to our tickets, I think the kids would love it. Where is Uno please ?

8. Re: TR : Day 13 Wet n' Wild

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:15