We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Ok, so I have read the previous threads but I still need advice.

Booked Fly drive through Dial a flight, Flying VA, Car with Alamo.

Ive done the save time online and ive checked in but my paperwork still says go to kiosk or desk to get agreement and keys. The printout does have a bar code on it.

I spoke to Alamo in FL, and he said, yes you can go straight to Garage....I am concerned though as I haven't put in any CC details (as it didn't give me an option)....any ideas on what to do?

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

I am going Sunday, I have done Save time and online check in, but my paperwork says go to kiosk, not garage. I intend to go to the garage first to see what happens. I also intend to do a TR soon after arriving.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Peter.....Susie charges 20 quid for advice !!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Go to the garage if you've got a bar code they will swipe your cc at the exit

We did and our paperwork didn't say go to garage

It's a bit suspect booking through a 3rd party but you should be OK there will be someone at the garage to point you in the right direction - or back to the counter lol

Good luck

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

i always find the webpage chat people mega helpful they sort everything out for me normally

Banbury, UK
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Hi

If they have the correct class of vehicle in the garage, exactly as booked, take one and drive to the exit with agreement, CC & driving licence. Check the amount you have been charged and if correct you are on your way.

If you booked say an economy 2 door and they do not have any I would check at the garage kiosk first. They will let you take an upgrade for free but may need to print out a new agreement. If you take the next class of vehicle the computer may think you want an upgrade and the staff at the exit are normally in a dream, don't speak to you and it is only later when you check your paperwork you find out you have been charged. If this happens and you take the vehicle back, as happened to me Alamo will waive all charges. Ok if you have plenty of time but not so good if you are on a strict schedule.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,877 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

In March at the garage an attendant told us that we could choose an SUV as they were on "special" that day - we had booked a full size saloon

So we picked an SUV and drive to the exit / I handed the paperwork over and mentioned to the guy that we had booked a full size not an SUV - he knew that the SUVs were being offered and assured us that we were good to go

My advice is don't assume anything at all speak up if anything isn't clear to you and don't sign for anything until you are positive what you are signing for is correct - this applies at the desk too

If you don't you've only got yourself to blame - being tired isn't an excuse - you need to be alert to drive so be alert in the rental department too

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Thanks Susie, the £20 cheque is on its way lol. We've booked a 7 seater van so I guess the only upgrade to that would be a monster truck.....which could actually be fun on 4 heh

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Sorry to jump in your thread. But I will be doing this with two car seats booked to pick up on arrival. I take it I have to go to the desk regardless, or do they keep them in the garage?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,431 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Here's a cut & paste of what I found on Alamo's website...don't know if they always stick to these rules, but hopefully it will help.

"Skip the Counter" Requirements

In order for a reservation to be eligible for "Skip the Counter," it must meet these requirements:

• Reservation must be at a rental location that offers “Skip the Counter” Check a location for eligibility.

• Reservation must not exceed 30 days.

• Reservation must made at least 24 hours in advance.

• Reservation cannot include certain add-ons that need to be added to vehicle (i.e. fuel, mobility devices, etc.).

• Reservation cannot be prepaid or direct billed to a 3rd party (i.e. Voucher, Business Account, etc.).

• Renter must use a major credit card to secure rental (debit cards do not qualify).

Level Contributor
923 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alamo - Come on Susie :-)

Flump - they're kept to the left of the boothe at the garage.