We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Confusion

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Confusion

Hi All,

I am travelling to orlando in mid Oct to visit the theme parks (no surprise there).

Given I want to spend equal time at both Disneyworld and universal parks, I have been trying to figure out where the best area is to stay. I am tooing and froing on whether to stay somewhere along international drive (somewhere in the middle) or whether I stay in the Disney area. I wont have a car so want to be able to get around either by public transport or taxi.

Is anyone able to offer any sound advice?

Thanks

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Confusion

Someplace like Homewood Suites, free breakfast and free shuttles to all the parks :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Confusion

Split your stay and stay onsite at Disney while visiting those parks and onsite at Universal for visiting there. Then you won't have to worry about transportation. Onsite at Universal will also give you early entrance to the parks and the express pass.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Confusion

Universal is doing a good job of pushing people into staying at their hotels. Those who stay at their hotels get into the Harry Potter sections an hour ahead of those misbegotten souls that stay off site. Staying at a Universal hotel for a few days may be helpful. I'd suggest Cabana Bay as it is about half the cost of the other resorts and you get the early entry. The other hotels "give" you the Expass Pass but you are paying $150 for it. In October you probably don't need it. I'm going in late October and am certainly not getting it. You also don't need to stay on site at Disney. Because they rotate the days that Morning Extra Magic Hours are at each park you can work around that.

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Confusion

Welcome to the forum

How many days/nights will you be visiting ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Confusion

We are traveling late October/November and will stay the first week of our stay at Disney's All Star Movies and the second week we have booked the Sheraton Vistana Resort which is apparently around 10minutes away from Universal.

An on stay resort at Universal would also be wonderful, the extra park hours seems appealing.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Confusion

I am only staying for a week so want to get the most out of the visit

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Confusion

I am only staying for a week so want to get the most out of the visit

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation Confusion

A week is long enough,. You won't need "equal" amount of days for both sets of Parks. 4 days for Disney ( 4 Parks, one each day ) and 2 Universal days ( 2 Parks, one each day ) There are Disney Resort Discounts right now for October, be sure to check those out http://disneyworld.disney.go.com

You can get the ticket and transport option for Universal visits, it works quite well, they pick you up at your Disney Resort www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

When adding up your costs keep in mind Staying at a Disney Resort provides free and easy transport to all the Disney Parks as well as from and back to the Airport. Staying off site costs will add up when having to use shuttles and Taxis plus the Airport transfers

Edited: 22 August 2014, 13:23
9. Re: Accommodation Confusion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17