We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre Trip Report

Level Contributor
3,137 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Pre Trip Report

We are at Glasgow Airport, Holiday Inn, waiting to fly to Orlando tomorrow.

By us, I mean my wife and I.

We are flying with Thomas Cook, it’s been a long time since we flew direct, normally fly via Gatwick or New York. We have booked the premium cabin, so have loads of checked luggage but not much carry on. It was a bit of a struggle getting Laptop, iPad kindles and camera within the 6kg limit.

We have booked the car through Alamo Brits, Originally booked a mid-size car and did the save time and online bits, and got the paperwork to go straight to garage. However I amended the booking to a full size car (thought Son & partner would be with us). This also saved us some money!! Now I can’t get the “go straight to garage” paper work. I am going to try going to the garage, and see what happens.

We have booked a Condo at Windsor Hills, got a good price as the club pool is closed for September.

We are staying for 6 weeks, and have Annual passes for the parks. So far have booked one set of FP+ for Wednesday, I think.

I intend to do a few TR’s, not every day, as we won’t be doing things every day.

Right time to try the complementary bottle of red, before bed.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
478 Reviews
from US$54.99*
Kennedy Space Center, Everglades...
190 Reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
131 Reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
Level Contributor
5,174 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre Trip Report

Wow welshjock, 6weeks ! you will be a local :) Enjoy ! will lookout for any reports :)

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
865 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre Trip Report

Fantastic, you don't get complimentary red at the holiday inn Manchester airport lol! Have a great time

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre Trip Report

Will be interested to hear if 'straight to garage 'works with Alamo Brits on an over 30 day rental.

We too will be trying it in November.

Have always had to go to the desk in previous years..

Level Contributor
2,376 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre Trip Report

Lucky you 6 weeks looking fwd to reports Have a safe journey

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre Trip Report

I am so jealous, 6 weeks! Have a great time.

Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre Trip Report

We all wait in anticipation to see if you can make it past the desk!!!

6 weeks.......not jealous at all lol

Have a fab time.

7. Re: Pre Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:16