We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Summer room discount advice!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
US Summer room discount advice!

Planning a long way ahead, I was looking for a little advice on the best time to book rooms for August on the US site.

We will be booking 2 weeks in August 2016, next year using the UK free diniing offer (probably at SSR), but would like to 'top and tail' our holiday with a couple of nights at POR and a couple at AKL, and when I did some dummy bookings a while ago, the US site was much cheaper than the UK for room only bookings.

My question for the experts, looking at the link below is that there appear to be 2 different discounts which cover the period we are looking at, one which finishes on the 28th August and was last launched in March, and another which runs from the 16th August and was launched in May, with the 2 discounts running together for about a month! From the experience out there, does one tend to be better than the other or is it best to book as soon as you can to secure the room?

mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-wa…

pa
Level Contributor
54,378 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: US Summer room discount advice!

The % off changed a bit between the two, first was 10 -35% off! second one was 20 - 30% off

It did depend on the Resort as to which one was the better deal. If staying at the AKL or any other Deluxe, the first offer worked out nicely, 35% off

Staying at a Value or Moderate, the second one was better, 20% off a Value, 25% off a Moderate. You would only get 30% off the Deluxe

Keep in mind there may be a completely different room discount offered next year, there could be a "Package" deal offered as well, like some of the past promotions like Stay, Play & Dine, stay 3 nights, get 2 Free and even Free Dining. There will be offers but we will need to wait a while to find out what they will be :)

As a side note, you also need to take into account the number of Persons ( adults, kids and their ages ) and also the number of nights

Cheshire
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Summer room discount advice!

Thanks for that partypa, I'll wait and see although knowing exactly what we want, I meant be tempted to book as soon as a decent offer comes out!

pa
Level Contributor
54,378 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: US Summer room discount advice!

No harm in booking when you find a good deal, if you book direct with Disney you can Modify later if a better deal is announced :)

4. Re: US Summer room discount advice!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:17