We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Toll Roads

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orlando Toll Roads

Hi Everyone we are travelling to orlando in a couple of weeks and im a little confused about the tolls. Some people say they are cashless while other say there are still some tolls that you can pay cash at. We will probably look into buying a sunpass transponder the day after we get in (we get in late at night) but just wanted to check if that we wont get caught going from the airport to where we are staying which is near turkey lake in southwest orlando. Thanks

40 replies to this topic
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Let me set your mind at ease. You DO NOT need a SunPass in the Central Florida area and all tolls are payable in cash. However, a very few are not manned and require exact change. Always have some quarters available and always drive in the far RIGHT lane to pay in cash. Here is the map of the Central FL toll road system. https:/…ExpressMap2009.pdf

Now, if you're going to the Miami area, you will need a SunPass, but not in Central Florida.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

thanks that's makes life easier! we wont be going to Miami but will be going to the Wild Florida Airboats & Wildlife Park. Do you know if one will be needing to go there?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Sorry, I don't know where Wild Florida Airboats & Wildlife Park. is located, but if it's in the Central FL area (Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud areas, the answer is no. If you can find the approximate location on that map I gave you, the answer is no. Miami is approximately 225+ miles away, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Going from airport out to your locatio you will go through a couple of manned, change giving tolls. At the first stay far right and pay attendant. Same on second. You will now have so me coins etc in hand.

There are some edits off 417 where the is a cash lane but no attendant. This requires you to deposit change there ( although I am sure there were some mail in envelopes). Keep a tub of quarter, dimes etc. in the car and you will be fine. Most of your trip you will not see another toll unless you go out to KSC, or use a couple to toll road s for convenience.

Where I believe your airboats are no sun pass needed. Please confirm address.

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Hi Jade and welcome to the forum

Please don't be confused about the tolls.....they are so easy. When approaching a toll plaza (and it gives you plenty of warning), just have your quarters and dimes ready and stay in the very RIGHT hand lane.

Listen to Vic, he knows his stuff.

Have a great holiday.

Any more questions, just ask away.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Thanks for that looks like the address is 3301 Lake Cypress Rd, Kenansville

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Wow! That address is in the middle of nowhere (but near a lake) ... are you aware of that?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Yep I Google mapped it but that's what their website says haha

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Uh, Jade. This is indeed in the middle of nowhere. Are you sure you want to stay there?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando Toll Roads

Wild Florida is pretty clear about directions. They're a short distance south of St. Cloud, which by now is a southern suburb of rapidly-spreading Orlando. If you want to stay the night in the area, you might be able to camp, or there will be plenty of hotels in St. Cloud, which has some pleasant, if modest, older neighborhoods.

Reply to: Orlando Toll Roads
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted