We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Hello.

My daughter and I are staying on International Drive (close to Universal Studios) for 2 weeks in October. We are planning to attend Halloween Horror Nights for 8 nights while we are away. As our hotel has a complimentary shuttle to Universal we are planning to use it and stay until late. However, some days we are going to Disney during the day and then to HHN at night. What would be the cheapest and easiest way to get from Disney to Universal, and then from Universal back to our hotel? We have tried to plan a trip using the Lynx buses however it can get a bit confusing. Do some hotels have shuttles specifically for HHN? Or should we just get a taxi? If we do settle for a taxi, are there ones parked outside of the parks or do we have to ring for one? Thank you.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
692 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

The cheapest way is to goto and from Disney by lynx to your hotel and then take a taxi between universal and your hotel, I don't think any hotels offer HHN shuttles.

The easiest will be to take a taxi from Disney park to Universal and then from Universal to your hotel.

For taxis at Universal just go to the bus drop off/collection point, always a supply there.

Taxis are outside the park entrances at the Disney parks, however I think as I can't remember for MK you need to get them at the transportation centre

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

HHN isn't so late that you couldn't use the shuttle to Universal from your hotel (which will be cheaper and easier than Lynx or a taxi.) However, depending on when the shuttle service stops, you might need to grab a taxi back to your hotel.

P.S. They make it difficult and time consuming to transfer between Disney and Universal for a reason; they are rivals for your business after all.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Mears can pick you up from any disney hotel if you can get to one of those, or go back to your hotel first then go from there. They pick up and drop back every hour by coach. It was $16 each for an adult return ticket last time I used them. That's how we've always gone to universal and returned when staying late at HHN.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Thank you all for the suggestions.

The only problem I've now come across about using a taxi is that there is a website called taxifarefinder.com which will give you a cost of how much it will cost for your journey in Orlando. I've seen it says from Disney to Universal it is around $40. Would that be correct?

I'll have to check with the hotel about shuttles times but I think it may be easiest to get to Universal by shuttle and get a taxi back.

As for Mears, do you have to stay at a Disney onsite hotel to use them? And do you also need to order their services or do they run like Lynx?

Scotland
Level Contributor
668 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Its about a 20 min drive from Disney to Universal so $40 sounds about right to me, but I'm no expert.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

Mears is an independent taxi/transportation service (it isn't owned by Disney or Universal.) You have to book their services in advance. I would book Mears at least the day before you plan to use the service.

7. Re: Halloween Horror Nights 2014 - Travel options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:16